View Single Post

Old 08-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIpsmG View Post
Yes, you can. External monitors work at up to 1900x1200. The only thing stock that doens't work with that machine is the wireless card. I;d suggest getting a Dell 1390 card which is a drop-in replacement for the existing card:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-DW-1390-b-g...item5188edd5e7

$9.95 US + free shpping.

I'm running 10.6.2 and Windows 7 side by side, NVS140M works fully including live resolution change through display preferences with chameleon RC4 using GraphicsEnabler.

Parallels 5 works, run Win7 in both Coherence mode and natively boot through chameleon. Everything else works. It's an amazing MAC laptop.
Replacing my original WiFi Card with a DELL 1390 Card did the trick to get the wireless working on my Latitude D830! Thanks a lot NIpsmG!

The only issue was that the original WiFi Card was connected to three internal antenna's (via white, grey and black wires), while the DELL 1390 Card only has two connector. So I only connected two of the three antenna's/wires (white and black) and I seem to have excellent connectivity. Does anybody know which combination is actually the best (white + black, white + grey or grey + black)?

The only remaining issue with my mobo is the unability to properly shut down or restart. I can get it to log out and shut down the complete Mac OS, but the machine itself does not switch off so I have to switch it off manually by pressing the on/off button for 5 seconds or so. Does anyone have a solution for this one? Thanks in advance!

Greetz,

Bruno

Last edited by Adrenaline1965; 08-19-2010 at 05:41 PM.