View Single Post

Old 03-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by howoarang View Post
Hello, here is pack with extensions, DSDT.aml and utilites for correct working Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I made this pack, because, new pack from SLic is not working correctly for me, I have problem with USB ports.
Now my usb ports working perfect, trackPad and touchPad working, sound working too, input+output, sleep working perfect.

OK, so. There is some instructions, how to with files in pack:
1: put the DSDT.aml file to /Extra/ folder
2: put the com.apple.Boot.plist file to /Extra/ folder, too
3: all kexts in Extensions folder move or copy to /System/Library/Extension/
- use it with small application "KextUtility" included - select all kexts and drag to kextutily icon :-)
4: double click to voodooHDA.prefPane (ignore all error...)
5: "VoodooMonitor" application move to /Applications/
6: open folder "VoodooHDAhelper" and open file "how-to-readme!.txt" and read instructions how to use voodooHDAhelper (this part is not necessary):-)

dell d630 pack by howoarang:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jgy12jmwuyt

I want to THANK YOU Howorang. I went thru ~20 installs with different boot loaders, different kext packages for the D630 (X3100 video) and most of them gave me kernel panic attacks. What worked for me was using Empire EFI_1085_row.iso as a bootloader. Then I installed 10.6.3 vanilla. After installation, I used your instructions (along with your kext package) above and now everything works on my Dell D630 with gma3100 video. Thank you !