View Single Post

Old 07-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Cheetah

10.6.1... Trying to get to 10.6.4

All,

I've got a Gigabyte G31M-ES2L and I'm currently running 10.6.1. I've tried taking a few updates (10.6.2 and 10.6.4) "naturally" via Software Update, but I keep getting Kernel Panics. At this point I've tried removing the /Extra/Extensions/SleepEnabler.ktext file with no luck. Does anyone have an idea on why I get a panic without this .ktext? Even after I've removed the .ktext from the system, I get the same error?? Does the system still think I have the SleepEnabler.ktext in the /Extensions folders???

Also, I am using SuperDuper! to create a bootable clone of my MacOS before I test any updates... If I boot into my clone backup and then try to update, there is no going back... As in, the bootable drive now has the 10.6.X update and causes an immediate Kernel Panic causing me to trash the new clone and start all over... Does anyone have a better way of "testing" the Apple builds? Is it possible to recover via "-x" or safemode?

What's Under the Hood:
Gigabyte G31M-ES2L
4 GB DDR2 SDRAM
nVidia GeForce 8600 GT
SONY DVD RW DRU-720A
AppleUSBUHCI
Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.2.3f8

Last edited by spoon2eric; 07-07-2010 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Added System Info....