View Single Post

Old 10-28-2010, 05:52 AM
Jaguar

DV1410US 10.6.3/4 journey

So I have this old HP DV1410US laptop that has been sitting in a closet for a few years and hasn't been on since. This laptop was the one that got me started into hackintoshing about 3.5 years ago. I remember trying to install 10.4.8 on it. I don't remember which distro I used, but I was able to get it installed, and to a black screen (the intro video was playing, but I think it was moved off to the side as if an external monitor was plugged into it, and so did the audio, but I gave up after that because I had to do other things ). QE/CI seemed to have been supported OOTB, because it wouldn't be able to play the intro video at all. This should be a pretty easy lappy to hackintosh. The laptop died a few months later. Here are the specs (full specs here http://is.gd/gnF7v):
  • 1.6GHz Intel Celeron M 380
  • 512MB 333MHz DDR RAM (up to 2GB)
  • Intel GMA915 (up to 128MB shared)
  • 80GB 4200RPM HDD (IDE)
  • Intel 2200BG wifi (?)

BUT, I think that it's a motherboard issue, and I ordered a new one on Sunday. It showed up today, and I swapped everything out (took about 30 minutes). I don't have a charger, so I don't know if this new motherboard works yet, but anywho...

What I plan on doing is this... I'm getting a copy of iATKOS S3 v2 (a 10.6.4 distro). Yes, it's a distro, and I have good experience with retail copies in the past, but I'll just give this a go.

It should be a fairly simple and straightfoward hackintosh. I'll post the results tomorrow if the charger shows up, and if the new mobo boots (the old one would never power up).

This will be the first hackintosh that I've done in a little over a year (ever since I got my MacBook Pro ).