InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 09-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Cheetah

Error installing SL on GA-G31M-ES2L Rev 2.0

Hello all,

Having issues on my board installing SL. I am using the guide from <http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09...art-to-finish/>. Also I should warn that I am fairly new to the community so bear with any noobness on my part. This is a clean install on a unformatted HDD using retail DVD with image and bootloader on USB.

My system seems to constantly get stuck right after

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: ushCPU_CstData - _CST Evaluation Failed.

I have tried a variety of things including starting in safe mode, cpus=1, acpi=off, etc but keep getting stalling up on the same spot. Here is a photo of the error. It looks like it gets held up right on that...

Also my system is as follows:
CPU type:Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Motherboard: GA-G31M-ES2L Rev 2.0 (does not support AHCI)
ATI Radeon HD 4850, 512mb
240 gig SATA HD
4 gigs Samsung ram
LG Super-Multi DVD/CD R/W

Any advice or tips would be helpful. This stuff gets frustrating!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error 1.jpg (420.1 KB, 43 views)
Old 09-19-2009, 08:29 AM

Firstly stop using that Lifehacker guide. It's for a different board. FYI, there's no such thing as generic install.

I would recommend you follow this instead:

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide...or-g31m-t3672/

Mac OS X 10.6.4 Retail || Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz || Gigabyte G31M-ES2L || GeForce 6600 GT 128MB || Realtek ALC883 Audio || Realtek RTL8169 LAN || Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB HD || Sony Dual Layer IDE DVD RW DW-D22A || Apple Aluminium Keyboard || Mighty Mouse

MacBook Pro || 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo || 200Gb HD || 2Gb Ram || NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

iPhone 4 || 16Gb
Old 09-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Cheetah

G31M-ES2L Rev2 Sound

Hey any luck on this? I have my install working on rev2 with a PCI nic, efi string for GFX card, but no sound. I have tried almost every KEXT out there for this ALC883 with no luck. There is only one method I have not tried something like HDApatcher I think but it sounds complicated. Any ideas? Thanks PM's would be appreciated if you reply on the forum so I know it is there.

Acid810
Old 09-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid810 View Post
Hey any luck on this? I have my install working on rev2 with a PCI nic, efi string for GFX card, but no sound. I have tried almost every KEXT out there for this ALC883 with no luck. There is only one method I have not tried something like HDApatcher I think but it sounds complicated. Any ideas? Thanks PM's would be appreciated if you reply on the forum so I know it is there.

Acid810

Hey thanks for the late reply. I never did get much figured out for this problem. Posted on a few boards but never got much help so decided to try windows 7. What method did you use to actually get it installed? Same board and gfx card? Maybe I can give it another shot and just pick up a new sound card if I can get it working like you.

Would much rather prefer running on OSX

Cheers, and thanks for the reply. Hope you can offer some help!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid810 View Post

Acid810
hi,
try this link.
http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide...or-g31m-t3672/
i used the above guide and am having 99 % Mac .Sound, ethernet, 64bit kernel , USB, restart,shutdown all working perfectly. Only thing that i miss from a original mac is the quite operation of the machine. since this is a desktop i have quite a few fan sound.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Cheetah

Re: GA-G31M-E2SL Guide

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually used that guide to do my install as well. I tried the latter of the two sound options:

Extensions: (Universal)

fakesmc - now updated to V2, visit netkas blog for the updated kext.
NullCPUPowerManagement
OpenHaltRestart
PlatformUUID - edit this to include your UUID
SleepEnabler
audio:
LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver
LegacyHDAPlatformDriver
or proceed to page 9 and look for Voyn1x post if you wanna use one kext (LegacyALC883.kext)

I cant seem to find the "LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver" and "LegacyHDAPlatformDriver" anywhere. I am fairly familliar with Mac os, this is my second system, I used the first one for 6 months without booting into windows until Windows 7 RC1 came out. I have admittedly been back on Windows 7 since then. It is really good but I love Mac OS for Audio production. I just seems smoother and I like the software and interface better for that. Windows I use for managing my video and music collection as well as gaming. Anyhow, further suggestions for this REV 2.0 board would be great!

Acid810
Old 09-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Cheetah

Did you guys have a working partition of OSX before hand? Im working from scratch on this. I do have a mac laptop though with SL on it that I can use to make the partition and everything. Heard you could just update directly to SL without previously having OSX installed.

Any advice? Thanks in advance. I was having probs installing both OSX and SL on this machine when I was trying. Created quite the headache
Old 09-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Cheetah

Previous Install

I tried it from 10.5.6 but I had problems so then I followed a guide that allowed using retail installed from USB disk. Specifically for this board on this forum as well. I have a nice running system. One problem...... No audio.. No matter WTF I try. It is killing me....

Cid
Old 02-12-2010, 04:25 AM
Cheetah

Hi Guys,

I am having a hell of a time getting audio to work. Flux84 - I am using your HDA.kext for my board. Do you know if your HDMI (if you have it) outputs both audio/video?

Also, to install your .kext, I am dragging into my extension folder, using KextUtility to backup, then repair permissions on disk in disk utility. Isnt that correct?