View Single Post

Old 10-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Cheetah

Hello everyone !

First, I would like to thank every member of the community for being so active and helpful.
i'm pretty active myself on the osx86 scene, but since I rarely get desperate (I always end up finding an answer to my problems) I rarely post. So i will try to keep the story short.

The story started a couple months ago when i stumbled across a guide to install mosX on a gygabite P35C-DS3R ( my media center) and since then, i'm trying (with a lot of succes!) to install osX on all sort of configurations.

Last week, after a friend gave me a buggy dell server he had, i realised I had all the hardware i'd need to build another hackintosh except for a motherboard:

-Pentrium D dual core @ 2.8 ghz
-1x 2gig OCZ ddr2-800 ram
-2x 80 gig sata drives
-1x IDE or SATA optical combo drives
-1x decent psu

-------------------

I tough i'd give myself a break and go buy the legendary g31m-es2l board from a local store. its the rev 2.0 but i have a realtek 8139 NIC laying arround. Well... i've never had as much trouble trying to install osX on a machine

I post because (even tho i'm not a pro) i'm running out of options to try. I have the feeling its something really stupid, so here I am asking for help.

Motherboard G31m-es2l v2.0 with bios FC.
I really want to try the retail install methos on this board but i can't even getthe osx retail disk to boot, so for now i'll skip that part and tell you what else i tried.

--------------------

The problems is that after every installation i do (and the installation goes fine) the comp enters into a reboot loop. I'll try to explain where it reboots in my own words. When, after you get into the chameleon logo, you boot with -v for example. the computer starts looading a couple files then switches video mode (it seems, at least to me) That's where my comp reboots. It also happens with the 132boot method. I pop the boot CD in, see the lunix bootloader, eject it, put the Leopard retail disk, boot on it, and it does the same thing. starts loading then tries to switch video mode and reboots.

------

What i tried so far:

-Partition using GUID and MRB, tried both
-BIOS settings : sata in all modes (enhanced, auto, combined, etc) disabled/enabled the onboard lan, HPET in 32 ans 64 bits mode, ACPI S1 and S3, soft off (instant off), SMART enabled and disabled, Disabled onboard IDE and enabled it... tried to looad default and optimised settings...
-tried my 7800gtx witch i know is working on osX (used in other setups) to bypass the onboard video i was using for a while (didnt mind to be stuck in 1024 for now, but tought it might be the problem)
-tried installing from an IDE AND sata optical drive(ideneb 1.5.1 and iatkos v7 for now since 132 method reboots.
-tried another PSU just in case
-in iatkos and/or iŠeneb, I keep the default kernel, but i tried to install with and without the realtek drivers for my 8139 based NIC, with and without the x3100 video drivers, tried with and without the cpus=1 boot and patch from the installation, tried with and without an intel ICHXX chipset driver, tried with and without every audio drivers... No matter what I try, it always reboots at the exact same spot.
-tried to boot with -v, with "CPUS=1", forcing the resolution to 1024, alouette !!!

I think i did all i could, and read sooo many threads hoping to find what i did wrong...
i now admit my defeat (for now!) and turn to you guys and girls for a little help.

gave a lot of details, i know, but i tought it would be better than not enough.
My goal is to practive my retail install skill with with board (10.5 and SL), that's why i'm posting here.

I also speak french if you are more comfortable giving advices in french!

thanks alot in advance !

Guillaume