View Single Post

Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by javery View Post
I'm new to all of this, but am slowly making progress.

I've got Vista on one hard drive. If I change the BIOS settings back to IDE and set the hard drive that Vista is on to be run from first, I can load up Vista without trouble.

When I change the settings over to AHCI (ENABLE, ENABLE, AHCI MODE + IDE, AHCI MODE), and switch it to start from the second drive on which I have Snow Leopard, I get Chameleon to give me the options of Snow Leopard or NTFS. If I choose Snow Leopard, I've now got it to the point where it loads up.

The problem that I have is that if I select NTFS when I get the Chameleon option screen, it starts up with the Vista booting screen, but after a few seconds I get a blue screen for a fraction of a second, the computer restarts, and CMOS resets.

Any suggestions for how I can get Chameleon to also load up NTFS properly?
Sounds like you installed Vista through IDE mode. You're going to have to install the AHCI drivers back in Windows. Switch to IDE mode again and install the drivers using the following guide. Once you have them installed, you can switch back to ACHI and not have to worry about both OS's.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976