View Single Post

Old 12-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Jaguar

YES! Farski, I believe the FTW3 is going to be very similar to my SLI3. I have to use the same ethernet driver. For sound I have to use VoodooHDA because I have ALC892, which won't work with AppleHDA even if you patch it. I think the FTW3 has ALC892 as well. I took the AZAL/HDEF section out of my dsdt so I don't have to delete AppleHDA to prevent KPs from VoodooHDA. I didn't have any usb problems with 10.6.5, aside from the fact that if I booted with the iBoot CD I had, my USB didn't work, so I'm wondering if you're using any tonymacx86 related usb kexts somewhere. I got a new iBoot CD and now that works fine when I need to boot from it. I have everything working including USB3, but excluding SATA3 and speedstep. If you can get speedstep working you're my hero. No one with an EVGA X58 has gotten it to work on bios 44 or newer. You and I are limited to like 76 or 77 since our boards are so new, so we can't use the versions older than 44 that are known to work. I've been trying for months with no luck, so I may switch to a Gigabyte eventually.