View Single Post

Old 10-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Jaguar

wassup! the solution is simple. You need to generate a new gtx285 string. btw im A_RocC on Insanelymac

When you get the files from aquamac for your GTX285, change the in.plist before you generate your EFI string.

I just followed this method.
Quote:
THX goes to zoliky for the fix!

I've used the fix to edit my plist and was able to generate a new EFI String thats now working like before and backwards compatible!

A short guide:
Locate the following section in your in.plist or what ever you called it:

Replace NVDA,GeForce with NVDA,Parent.

Generate a new EFI String and insert it into your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

That's it!
and if you integrated your gfx string into your dsdt heres the solution (basically the same as the first)
Quote:
Black Screen FIX (DSDT Injection):

Replace:

Quote:
"device_type"
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"NVDA,Geforce"
}

with:

Quote:
"device_type"
Buffer (0x0C)
{
"NVDA,Parent"
}
PS. My iCloud and Appstore does not work. I've tried different bootloaders already. Ive tried deleting my network preferences, and ive tried modifying my smbios.plist. Nothing is working!!! If someone can also try to help figure this out, itll be greatly appreciated. Ive been pulling my hair trying to get this to work because i just recently got an iPhone 4s.

Code:
BIOS:E758_SZ2Z Motherboard:EVGA x58 132-BL-E758-A1 CPU:Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.0 GHz OS:Snow Leopard 10J567:x64 Vanilla Memory:24 GB G.skill DDR3 1333 MHz HDD:10 x 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Graphics Card:EVGA Geforce GTX480 1536 mb Monitor:Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP Rev. A02 Audio: Onboard

Last edited by xxxslayeriiixxx; 10-21-2011 at 10:45 AM.