View Single Post

Old 08-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Cheetah

I have Mnt. Lion running on a EVGA x58 SLI LE with nothing more than a patched DSDT and sound and ethernet kexts. The system is overclocked to 4.2GHz with 24GB ram and an ATI 5870. Sleep works, power management works, speedstep, no orange icons, DVD player, etc. Here is the process I used:

- I am using bios S71H - the first one with HPET and last one that allowed native power management on my logic board. I also have the usual stuff set in the bios like AHCI and S3 for sleep. I did not turn on C1E as I have speedstep enabled and am running as a MacPro 5.1.

- Installed Mnt. Lion from a 8GB USB drive using FakeSMC (with plugins so I can check temps) and NullCPUPowerManagement. I also had to remove AppleTyMCE (otherwise I would get KP on startup due to not having ECC RAM).

- Once that was done I installed Chameleon-2.1svn-r2050, RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90 for ethernet, and replaced the current AppleHDA.kext with a patched 10.7.4 AppleHDA.kext for my ALC889 onboard audio. I installed the kexts with KextUtility. I removed NullCPUPowerManagement from S/L/E.

- I then put my edited DSDT and smbios into Extra on the root of my drive and patched AppleRTC to keep the bios from resetting after sleep.
Code:
Patch for AppleRTC.kext of MountainLion - fixes cmos reset after wake from sleep

Make backup of the folder /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext

"sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC"

Then update kernel caches:

"sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel; sudo kextcache -system-caches"
Hope that helps someone with their setup!

The only issue I have is that sometimes the system will not shutdown all the way. OS and monitor shutdown but fans keep running, thus requiring me to press and hold the power button. Other times it shuts down no problem (even the led on the front of the case).

I have attached my edited DSDT, boot.plst, and smbios.

Maybe someone can check out my DSDT and see if there is an issue with my shutdown code.