View Single Post

Old 04-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Cheetah

Removed GraphicsEnabler and installed NVEnabler, put my device/vendor ID in NVDAN50HAL.kext on the IOPCIMatch key, boots fine, openCL benchmark is even a little higher. Still no full screen or resolution changing!

I am afraid to change resolution in the system prefs, because that bricked my install the only other time I did it as I couldn't change it back... I could probably figure out a way but it seems like a hassle. My test is to run Halo, actually.

The game will start, go full screen, and then the whole screen will go white/red static. I will see a small line of graphics at the very top edge of the screen and the game appears to load fine other than the graphics. When I force quit the game, I go right back to desktop and everything is fine again.

I'm sure this is related to my fancy 120hz monitor and changing the refresh rate but I have no idea where to start to fix this! The graphics drivers and acceleration are working fine- playing Halo in a window gives me like 150 fps.

I am repairing extensions with these commands-

sudo -s
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
touch /System/Library/Extensions

... I think that's right... I've also used osx86 tools to do it for me, and clear caches and such, so I don't think it's a permissions issue.

Last edited by wetzelskid; 04-11-2010 at 08:22 PM.