View Single Post

Old 03-10-2011, 03:37 AM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by robles06 View Post
Hello, ive been trying and trying now 10 days trying to install, downloaded arround 6 different mac softwares, etc, now im not being able to install it, allway i try frezzes when starting after installed and pc restarts:

Here my pc specs:

MSI X58 platinum SLI motherboard
GTX460 Nvidia 1gb DDR5 video card
24gb ddr3 ram
i7-950 intel processor
800 watt power supply

im trying to install system on a IDE hard drive, but i keep thinking that final problem can be video card, because when im installing system i dont know which items to select when customizing instalation of system(drivers, fixes, etc) im very new on this so if you can help i would be very happy bro, thanks again.
Actually that could be your problem right there. You need to use a SATA drive. Here is what the OSX86 database says needs to be done to make this board work:
  • USB works with Multibeast Rollback installed
  • For audio use VoodooHDA installed in /Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions
  • Network works OOB
  • SATA works OOB with myHack installer v1.1
  • RAID works using Chameleon RC4 files and Aquamac's Bootable RAID instructions, requires dabbling with the two "Boot OSX" partitions
  • Used the Retail Snow Leopard DVD to install 10.6, updated to 10.6.6, used the Multibeast to install USB Rollback
  • Can use system in 64-bit only which is a plus, just add "arch=x86_64" to the boot strings
  • Make sure you make a DSDT.aml, after which you can remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.
  • Refer to this link for help: [46]
Good luck!