View Single Post

Old 12-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Jaguar

Hey there X. So I got my x58/i7920/gtx260 up and running. Thing runs SUHWEET. I actually didn't use your guide. I went with Empire EFI and was able to get as close to retail as I could. The only thing I'm still having trouble with is sleep. I've changed the bios settings to S3 and OS controlled, but my machine still shuts down when i try to sleep it. Someone mentioned sleepenabler kext somewhere in this thread. Are you using it in conjunction with the bios settings? I haven't tried it since updating to 10.6.2, but it didn't work before when I had it.

Also, you mentioned you had your 920 OC'd to 3.6 at upper 30's C. I've also got mine OC'd to 3.6 but it stays in the mid 40's. What are you using to cool it? I know 40's are fine, but the cooler the better right? Anyhow, kudos on this guide and also thanks for your help in the gtx 260 guide. Later!

~ Snow Leopard Retail w/Empire EFI ~ MSI X58 Platinum SLI ~ Intel Core i7 920 3.2GHz ~
~ Galaxy GTX 260 896mb ~ OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM ~ 500GB Hitachi SATA ~ Sony Optiarc DVD-RW ~