View Single Post

Old 09-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Jaguar

@dooododoo

i believe that message you quoted is really old and AFAIR could be a month back, the good thing though is you read the whole thread

to answer your question, booting 64bit or 32bit kernel (-x32 in PC EFI arch=i386 in Chameleon) really depends on you. Up to this day some apps and 3rd party applications still wont run on 64bit so it's up to the user what will they choose to use for compatability. and YES as far as the guide is concern it's best to boot it first on 32bit since i intentionally didnot include the mkext creation while in leopard because of a few non so friendly (for others) Terminal commands. I want the guide to be as easy as copy paste and drag and drop. The USB installer and even Snow Leopard partition boots fine in 64bit though on first boot but sometimes it get random kernel panic before while i was experimenting on the install.

i would also add that this guide is just 1 way in installing snow, there are other methods and ways in installing it so the step by step here is not important but the concept of the install

case: G4 QuicksilverSnow 10.6.2● Gigabyte G31M-ES2L rev1 F10 Bios ● Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 ● XFX 9600GT Extreme Ed ● 4GB TeamElite Xtreeme 1066Mhz ● PCI 3port Firewire 400 ● PCI Linksys WMP300N v1 ● Apple Magic Mouse ● Apple Aluminum Keyboard ● 23inch Apple HD Cinema Display ● uMacbook Pro 2.4 ● MacMini 1.8 HT ● White 24 iMac 2.16 ●