View Single Post

Old 09-30-2009, 06:30 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooododoo View Post
@sk1nhd33t Do you fee like being even more generous and sharing your menu-hilite.gif, menu-off.gif, and menu-on.gif? Right now I use a 22x22 pixel transparent gif.
google iAnderw's menubar icons (should be in devianart) to download the icons there coz my hack is currently stuck on the 3rd floor of our house.. my country (Philippines) was recently hit by typhoon ondoy and some areas (including ours) are still are flooded. Internet is still not restored in my area so im typing this on my MBP on 3G. Thank god though it's just the flood and my family, me and my gadgets are safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoidboy View Post
Where do I find instructions on how to edit the boot.plist? I don't know how to find my EFI strings, timeout, or graphics mode. I searched the forum but can't easily find the answer.
EFI strings can be obtain by using an app called OSX86tools or EFIStudio. fro the graphics mode, it's the max resolution of your monitor. You can also try skipping efi strings and use " GraphicsEnabler=Yes" on your boot.plist (RC3 or PCEFI10.3 required)

Quote:
Also, would you consider updating those attached files to the latest? I tried doing it myself but got confused. (e.g. Chameleon RC3, PC-EFI 10.3, etc.)
maybe sometime but i dont see the point because all of the new files are either linked or can easily be found like netkas fakesmc V2 n 10.3.

Quote:
I've tried a SL install several times on my G31M-ES2L with the VGA PNY VCG85512GXXB 8500GT 512MB graphics card. I've gotten it up and running almost perfectly, except no matter what I try, audio doesn't work (no audio devices show up). I've tried LegacyALC883.kext, I've tried LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver, I've tried both, I've tried Voodoo, but nothing works.
for audio, voodooHDA in S/L/E works flawlessly except after waking from sleep but the quoted kext above wont work alone without an HDEF patch in your DSDT (thanks to coconup). clear your cache after replacing the kext and create and mkext.

also be sure to check System Preference then go to Sound and choose Internal Speakers/Built-In Speaker for both Sound Effects and Output Tab.

here's how the setup goes, any of the 3 combination will do:

- LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver + LegacyHDAPlatformDriver + HDEF = audio
- LegacyALC883.kext + HDEF = audio
- VoodooHDA (S/L/E) + untouch dsdt = audio

if all fails then i dont know what to suggest anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkitout View Post
This is my situation exactly. I have everything working, except for audio. None of the kexts seem to work, no matter where I place them. I have tried everything and have a G31M-ES2l Rev 1.1 (F8 bios) board.
check above, you must be doing something wrong coz i have the same F8 bios.

case: G4 QuicksilverSnow 10.6.2● Gigabyte G31M-ES2L rev1 F10 Bios ● Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 ● XFX 9600GT Extreme Ed ● 4GB TeamElite Xtreeme 1066Mhz ● PCI 3port Firewire 400 ● PCI Linksys WMP300N v1 ● Apple Magic Mouse ● Apple Aluminum Keyboard ● 23inch Apple HD Cinema Display ● uMacbook Pro 2.4 ● MacMini 1.8 HT ● White 24 iMac 2.16 ●