View Single Post

Old 03-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Panther

Help: boot0: error

I'm getting a boot0: error (but without the usual GPT message, then the testing one).

Summary:
I installed 10.6 from a retail DVD on a new drive (a WD WD6400BEVT 640GB in a USB case) connected up to a MacBook Pro running Leopard. I successfully booted from it into SL from the MBP. I then updated the installation to 10.6.2. Now I want to install that drive into my hackbook, and replace the existing Leopard (iPC 10.5.6) installed HD.

I connected the new WD drive via USB to my hackbook (it's rdisk1). I then followed the Chameleon EFI manual install. I used as my baseline, Conti's patch of Chameleon RC4 (Chameleon_v2.0-RC4_AsereBLN_myHack_v1.0-r111).

So yes, I did the mount_hfs of the EFI partition, installed boot0 with fdisk, installed boot1h to the bootsector of the EFI partition, copied boot to /Volumes/EFI, touched /Volumes/EFI/.fseventsd/no_log, made sure the EFI partition is flagged as active with fdisk, made sure that ignore permissions on both the SL partition and EFI partition are unchecked. I then installed my kexts, DSDT, plists, and made my Extensions.mkext. I then finished with the usual chmod -R 755, and chown -R root:wheel.

When I reboot, it's clearly booting from the USB, and I get the boot0 error. I can't think of what I've missed, except:

1. Does Chameleon RC4 get confused if there are other disks with a Chameleon bootloader present? (My main Leopard on the internal hard disk (iPC 10.5.6 uses Chameleon).

Could use some help here. Thanks!!

--
MacBook Pro - have allergy to nickel in the aluminum casing. So my kid gets an expensive toy!

Gateway MX 8738 - Retail, vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (thanks kizwan!) with Chameleon RC4, modified DSDT. Upgraded to Core 2 CPU (easy to do). Upgraded to 640GB drive. Everything but SD card working. Minor niggles. GMA950 with QE/CI and *no* artifacts.

iMac (luxo/lamp) G4 with Tiger.