View Single Post

Old 04-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Cheetah

Thank you! I meant to post this sooner.. as in LAST WEEK. It really helped me.. and by helping me I mean you gave me everything I needed to know. I attempted Hackintosh several months ago but I failed. If you look up "S5955 Hackintosh" you may find that there is an old thread responded by idiots who claimed that Hackintosh was not going to work. They were wrong.

I also want to say that the GMA X4500 Intel graphics kext you gave does not work. Here is what I did which I got from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=173338 btw..

Code:
Once you know your device ID, download the script attached to this post, then follow these steps:
Start a terminal
type sudo -s and enter your user password
drag the script from the location you downloaded it from to the terminal
at the end of the line, add following options: -rf *your device ID* (it should look something like /Users/username/Downloads/patchX4500.bash -rf 2A42
Press enter. The command will give you some output for feedback.
Once you executed the script, repair permissions using disk utility (in Applications/Utilities, click on your primary harddrive, and on the first aid tab click on repair permissions.) This might take a while, but will make sure that your driver can be loaded.
Reboot and (hopefully) enjoy native resolution
To download the batch is on the website.. It won't attach here.