View Single Post

Old 09-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Puma

Alright, so I am now successfully booting into 10.6 without the help of my thumb drive. I am still unsure of how solid this install is as the previously mentioned errors in the install log are still a mystery as well as these errors when I run your script while in the osx installer:

"
-I get a 'sh: clear: command not found' twice.. the original clear command is definitely in there..

And then there is :

Enter 'help' for information
fdisk: 1> Partition 2 marked active
fdisk:*1> Writing current MBR to disk.
Device could not be accessed exclusively

The last line in particular doesn't seem right.. "

I'm not getting any kernel panics or anything but I don't think my video card is being recognized properly and my sound fails to work. I downloaded EFI studio but there is no option for my 9800 GTX 512 MB. To fix my sound I tried using kext utility to install LegacyALC883.kext, which was provided in this thread for my particular board, but that didn't work either. My motherboard ( the GA-G31M-E2SL rev. 2) doesn't have a supported ethernet so I tried using my Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 wireless dongle but osx isn't recognizing it (the latest drivers are for 10.5.0?). I bought it because it was highly recommended on that leopard soup site that has been down for the past few weeks. Anyway.. I feel like I'm half way there. Just a few more things to sort out and I should be up and running. Thanks again for your help DJ.