View Single Post

Old 09-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnitehawk View Post
unfortunately no!!! im using Fassl's dsdt patcher which doesnt fix the cmos reset problem...

atm im trying to go through fassl's source code trying to learn C language and add the cmos reset fix myself... cos fassl seems to have retired from updating it...

so ppl if u do have the cmos reset problem, u will have to edit ur dsdt by hand... there are guides for that all over the place...

i highly recommend using DSDTSE from here for manual dsdt work:
http://www.osx86.es/?p=610

oh ok thanks for the quick response.
you should intergrate how to edit the DSDT into your OP, so people know to do it.

and im sure someone knows C that can help in IRC/forums

oh and in my last post, i meant to say the extensions.mkext IS NOT mission critial. its only there as a time saving option

also is

Quote:
Right-click on the target OS X HDD volume icon on your Desktop -> Get Info. If the checkbox next to "Ignore ownership on this volume" is checked then click on padlock symbol to authenticate and UNCHECK the checkbox.

Then to ensure that the target OS X HDD volume's root directory is owned by the root user, go to Terminal and type: (note that using 0:0 is equiavlent to using root:wheel)

CODE
sudo chown 0:0 /Volumes/"your target OS X HDD volume name"

This is to make certain that the permissions are not scrambled after the installation of OS X.....and hence that you are able to boot from the OS X 10.6 hard drive........
is that not needed?

Last edited by rohizzle121; 09-13-2009 at 07:23 PM.