View Single Post

Old 09-14-2009, 04:55 AM
Puma

osx86 tools seems to have done the trick for my video card. My resolution automatically switched to 1920x1080 and it now shows up as it should in the system profiler. I remember reading about something called Quartz Extreme / Core Image being something that needs to be enabled. How do I know if this is working properly?

I'm still having trouble getting my audio to work. I installed the legacy883.kext ( it's supposed to work w\ my board ) using kext utility and there still isn't an audio device showing up in the sound preferences.

Someone in this thread said, "was able to just use the new legacy883.kext in extra/extensions. Although first time did not take. However when cloned to new drive started working. So must have to rebuild mkext or something like that. Try OSX86 Tools and rebuild and Chameleon 2 RC3"

Do you know how I would go about doing such a rebuild? I don't see an option in osx86tools that says it would do this specifically.

Someone also mentions that all they did was "reboot twice both times with -v -f -F. "

Do you know what these extra 'f' and 'F' flags mean?

Is voodoohda.kext some kind of universal sound driver that works with all boards?

I also need a ethernet solution as I have a rev. 2 board. The tp-link tg-3269 was recommended in this thread, but it doesn't seem to be available in any of the US based sites/stores. Is there an alternative NIC that works just as well? I've also though about buying one of these apple usb ethernet adapters as the inside of my case is pretty tightly packed.

Sorry if these questions are beyond the scope of your thread but you seem to really know what you're doing. Thanks DJ.

Last edited by drossxyu; 09-14-2009 at 04:59 AM.