View Single Post

Old 09-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by doonkeykong View Post
Hey djnitehawk, I can feel the karma flowing through your coding into cyberspace already! If you can get me into this new OS I'll be in Nirvana....Snow style :-) Nah! just kidding

Anyway, here is the processor:

Intel® Celeron® Processor 560
• 2.13 GHz, Level 2 cache 1 MB.. sounds slow but it kicks ass with 5.3 Leopard! And
GFX = Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Here are the full specs:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...8-3466274.html

Yes! I am booting into the "Snow" install (this is what I call it) on the external usb boot drive I created with your instructions on page 1 of this guide.

I did have a query however: In the 'terminal' instruction command of your file "snow-installer" you say: (1 partition the target disk..do you mean like is suggested here: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09...art-to-finish/

I ask because some say restore new partitioned disk as destination and the OSX snow dvd as source and others say to both this and install snow over it.

(2 go through this installer...I get that bit ;-)
(3 Install snow retail dvd or osinstall.mpkg) ......mate Im not sure about this bit.....are you wanting me to install snow over the drive after i have run the terminal patching? Its just that your guide on page 1 does not say this?

I think thats all I intended asking. I'll try your kext file. You'll hear from me soon. And again, great job your are doing buddy. :-)

im attaching the nullcpupowermgmt kext to this post... let me know if u have trouble downloading that as well...

fingers crossed... im hoping adding that kext will solve the "unsupported cpu" error... i havent seen anybody else running snow leo on celeron processors yet... maybe u could be the first :-)

if it still says that after adding the kext to ur usb drive's /extra/extensions, try booting with the following boot flag: (interrupt chameleon at boot by pressing any key and simply type in the following and hit enter)

cpus=1

and dont worry too much about the instructions on the actual script... what u should do next is:

boot into the snow installer (after resolving the current unsupported cpu problem)...

launch disk utility from within the installer...

format ur target SL partition (internal drive)... i suggest u create another test partition for SL rather than overwriting ur existing leo installation... maybe u should do that first from within leo cos that way u could resize ur leo partition and create a new SL partition with around 10gb for testing... im not too sure if the installer's disk utility will let u resize partitions... so do it from leo and prepare ur target SL partition before u fire up the usb installer... hope that makes it clear...

then from the installer's terminal, type: "/snow-installer/installnow" and make the SL target partition bootable... just like u made the installer bootable by running the script from ur leo desktop...

then just go ahead with the installer....

oh and if nullcpupm kext is what solves ur "unsupported cpu" problem, u should add it to your usb drive's "/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions" as well so that it'll get installed to ur SL partition and let u boot into ur installed SL... or u will see the "unsupp. cpu" problem again after restarting and booting into ur newly installed SL...

let me know how u go... take notes/pics of any error msgs u see and remember what u did when u did it... :-)

good luck!!!

PS: u know what... u could do all ur SL testing on ur external usb drive itself if there's more free space left on it... how big is ur usb? the installer partition should be around 6-7gigs... does it have another 5-6gigs left for a test SL partition? this way u wont mess up ur internal LEO installation... this is how i tested SL when it came out, without touching my old 10.5 leo... if u end up going this way, remember to run my script for each partition... ie: once for the installer, once for the installed SL... even if its on the same disk...
Attached Files
File Type: zip NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip (28.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by djnitehawk; 09-24-2009 at 06:13 PM.