View Single Post

Old 09-25-2009, 06:27 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by doonkeykong View Post
I forgot to comment. The external usb drive I am using is one of these:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=561

And so fare I have had some SUCESS!! now I get past all the text in chameleon boot but it hangs at the white screen before an apple icon comes up. So YES! Your scrip has made progress.

1 Question: I have the Snow Leopard dmg file on my desktop. Do I only drag it to source and the formatted Snow (thats what I call it) disk (External drive on destop) to destination and then restore. Do I still have to install Snow Leopard dmg over that once its been restored.....thats what I'm not clear on (sorry if you have explained it)
Thanks
progress indeed...

now it seems like a graphics detection problem...

download & extract the attached natit.kext.zip and place the natit.kext file in ur usb drive's "/Extra/Extensions" and "/snow-installer/filez/extensions"

i forgot to say this earlier... u should copy that nullcpupm kex to ur usb drive's "/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions" as well so that it will get installed to ur ultimate SL target in the future...

then reboot into the usb and see if that gives u graphics...

and no there's no installing to the restored partition... only restoring the snow dvd is required... only installing is done to the ultimate target... i think u have done it right so far...

lemme know how u get on with the natit.kext...

PS: forgot to say... u need to edit both "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and "/snow-installer/filez/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and change where it says "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to "GraphicsEnabler=No" before rebooting into the installer after adding natit...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Natit.kext.zip (22.9 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by djnitehawk; 09-25-2009 at 06:55 AM.