View Single Post

Old 09-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by doonkeykong View Post
Brilliant! Just Brilliant I say!!! Now boots into Snow Installer quick as a flash too!! So do I still need to follow any Terminal commands before I begin install (as you said in the instructions beginning of post) And what about other stuff?

Thanks a million. I have been hacking at this for almost a week now!!!! And I'm in
Talk soon
niiiiiice!!!! was a long shot but glad it worked...

k do this now...

make sure that natit and nullcpupm kexts are in ur USB drive's "/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions"

boot into the snow installer on ur USB with the help of those boot flags if need be.

click continue...

if u havent prepared a target partition for SL from leo, open up the disk utility now from the menu > utilities > disk utility and make a new partition for SL...

if ur current leo parition is taking up the whole disk, u will have to resize it and create a new one for SL from leo as ive mentioned in the previous reply...

on the other hand u can create a test SL partition on ur USB drive the same way without actually touching the internal drive until everything with SL is upto ur satisfaction...

the next step is to launch the terminal from the menu > utilities > terminal and run my script so that ur ultimate SL target partition becomes bootable... (just like u did for the USB installer partition)

in terminal type: "/snow-installer/installnow"

run through the script and select ur ultimate SL target now...

then quit the terminal...

then continue with the SL installation... and install it to the ultimate SL target...

once the installer finishes... it will show u a restart button and a countdown timer... hit restart... if ur target SL isnt on ur USB drive, unplug ur USB drive at this point... or it will boot back into the installer... if ur target SL is on ur USB, leave it... it will boot into the newly installed SL partition...

if the first SL boot gives u errors, use those same boot flags...

cpus=1 -v -f arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No

now at this point if u are facing the grey screen again, u have to go back into ur leo and delete those two gma3100 kexts from ur target SL partitions "/system/library/extensions"

once u r inside ur newly installed SL, we'll take it from there...

good luck!!!

Last edited by djnitehawk; 09-25-2009 at 04:45 PM.