InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Jaguar

swt ill have a looksie now and reply soon...

btw im helpin ppl out with the hope of collectin some good karma... so if u can donate some good karma that should be all good...

and yeh i know... win7 cant even come close to our little hacky babies :-)

i c ur online... just hang in there a for a few more mins till i have a look at those pics...
Old 09-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by doonkeykong View Post
Hi mate,
Thanks for your speedy reply. Ok, it appears these lappies have a rather basic bios. Sata option 'on' or 'off' no ahci or hpet.

But I have attached the boot error pic and DPCI system info your requested. If you can get it working for me I am happy to contribute something to your cause.

As I mentioned. Kalyway 5.2 disk and update with vanilla kernel works wonderfully on this little lapptop. OSX performance kills vista u or Win 7 RC 32

Thanks in advance
-Simon
quick question... is the processor on ur lappy "pentium dual core" or "core duo" or "core2 duo"?

and whats the model of ur lappy's graphics device? intel xxx?

try this and let me know what happens:

download & extract this kext and place in "/extra/extensions" of ur installer disk... ur still tryin to boot into the installer right? or are u tryin to boot into the installed snow on ur internal/target disk?

lemme know...
Old 09-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Cheetah

Thank you for this great guide.

My System: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, Intel Quad-CPU @2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 50GB SATA HD, Nvidia 8800 GTS (640MB)

Snow Leopard boots just fine in 64-bit and everything, except for the sound is working. But I don't bother for the missing internal audio, because I have a secondary external one.

My problem: transfer-rate on the USB-bus is extremely slow, e.g. syncing my iPhone with iTunes is nearly impossible. It takes ages. I have a separate working Leopard (10.5.8) installation and copying files via USB is very fast there.

Any suggestions where to tweak? Any help appreciated.

Last edited by daze; 09-24-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze View Post
Thank you for this great guide.

My System: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, Intel Quad-CPU @2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 50GB SATA HD, Nvidia 8800 GTS (640MB)

Snow Leopard boots just fine in 64-bit and everything, except for the sound is working. But I don't bother for the missing internal audio, because I have a secondary external one.

My problem: transfer-rate on the USB-bus is extremely slow, e.g. syncing my iPhone with iTunes is nearly impossible. It takes ages. I have a separate working Leopard (10.5.8) installation and copying files via USB is very fast there.

Any suggestions where to tweak? Any help appreciated.
try setting ur bios like this: http://p5w-dh-deluxe-osx86.wikidot.com/bios-settings

if that doesnt solve it, can u try booting in 32bit mode with the "arch=i386" boot flag and see if that makes any difference...

does system profiler show ur usb2.0 ports as EHCI? or are all ur usb ports shown as UHCI?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Jaguar

@daze

if the above doesnt work for ya try replacing /S/L/E/iopcifamily.kext with this one

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/inde...pe=post&id=449
Old 09-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Jaguar

Hey djnitehawk, I can feel the karma flowing through your coding into cyberspace already! If you can get me into this new OS I'll be in Nirvana....Snow style :-) Nah! just kidding

Anyway, here is the processor:

Intel® Celeron® Processor 560
• 2.13 GHz, Level 2 cache 1 MB.. sounds slow but it kicks ass with 5.3 Leopard! And
GFX = Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Here are the full specs:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...8-3466274.html

Yes! I am booting into the "Snow" install (this is what I call it) on the external usb boot drive I created with your instructions on page 1 of this guide.

I did have a query however: In the 'terminal' instruction command of your file "snow-installer" you say: (1 partition the target disk..do you mean like is suggested here: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09...art-to-finish/

I ask because some say restore new partitioned disk as destination and the OSX snow dvd as source and others say to both this and install snow over it.

(2 go through this installer...I get that bit ;-)
(3 Install snow retail dvd or osinstall.mpkg) ......mate Im not sure about this bit.....are you wanting me to install snow over the drive after i have run the terminal patching? Its just that your guide on page 1 does not say this?

I think thats all I intended asking. I'll try your kext file. You'll hear from me soon. And again, great job your are doing buddy. :-)

Old 09-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Jaguar

What the hell was with that black txt. Sorry man
Old 09-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Jaguar

Is ti the NullCPUPowermanagement.kext? Dude I cant download the file...it keeps wanting to save it as html?
Cheers
Old 09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Jaguar

Something wacky is going on with the site/download. When I dload and open the file, nothing is in it. Can you please attache and mail it to me: "[email protected]

Thanks
Man
Old 09-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnitehawk View Post
@daze

if the above doesnt work for ya try replacing /S/L/E/iopcifamily.kext with this one

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/inde...pe=post&id=449
Thank you for the quick reply.

This one actually restored the USB-speed, BUT strangely enough it killed my firewire; no devices found and also the System-Profiler sees no more firewire connections!

In Leopard (10.5.8) FireWire is still there and working.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

Last edited by daze; 09-24-2009 at 05:41 PM.