InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 09-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Jaguar

Ok mate, I kind of guess that that would be your answer ;-) I'll try it out real soon.
Thanks
Old 09-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Jaguar

Hey man, I downloaded and installed (per your instructions) the x300 files and i get an error on this line "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/Leopard" saying it could not umount the drive or find the UUID? It then seems to complete the install. All the other lines seem to do what they were intended to do. I have installed and reinstalled about 5 times now.

After I rebooted from applying your commands, the screen went from white to blue and just hung there. Quit puzzling......
_Simon
Old 09-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by doonkeykong View Post
Hey man, I downloaded and installed (per your instructions) the x300 files and i get an error on this line "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/Leopard" saying it could not umount the drive or find the UUID? It then seems to complete the install. All the other lines seem to do what they were intended to do. I have installed and reinstalled about 5 times now.

After I rebooted from applying your commands, the screen went from white to blue and just hung there. Quit puzzling......
_Simon
ok scrap the 3100 files i gave ya... looks like they dont work with snow...

do a fresh install and see if those battery and sound kexts work...

ill go try to find a working driver for x3100... havent seen anybody yet who's been able to get their laptop x3100 working :-(

in the meantime, try the following as well...

do a fresh install...
browse to /s/l/e and this time, only delete the file called appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext
then reboot with those same boot flags... which includes "-f"

if that doesnt give u working graphics... delete appleintelgmax3100fb.kext
reboot like before...

if that doesnt work either... we gotta find a working x3100 graphics kext...

also... the next time ur in snow (fresh/no mods), grab a screenshot of what it says under system profiler > graphics/display

Last edited by djnitehawk; 09-26-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Jaguar

Well, the gfx seem to work, but it doesnt like rebooting into the gfx card after install. Every time I fire up the usb with Snow image and your funky file set, it reaches the install screen every time. Its odd that it does this after installing snow.

Ok man, will try what you suggested. If worse comes to worse. I can still run kalyway 5.3 and wait for the next iATKOS, then again if its an issues with x3100 drivers and snow, that may not work either.

Thanks dude
Old 09-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Well, the gfx seem to work, but it doesnt like rebooting into the gfx card after install. Every time I fire up the usb with Snow image and your funky file set, it reaches the install screen every time. Its odd that it does this after installing snow.

Ok man, will try what you suggested. If worse comes to worse. I can still run kalyway 5.3 and wait for the next iATKOS, then again if its an issues with x3100 drivers and snow, that may not work either.

Thanks dude
but the installer doesnt load in full resolution right?

btw i read that even though the internal lcd doesnt work with the stock x3100 kexts, plugging in an external monitor gives full graphics...

try booting into the installed snow while an external display is plugged in, if u got one...

if an external display works with full resolution, we should try to hack the stock kexts to switch the devices around...

if the external display works, make sure u take a screenshot of system profiler > graphics/displays...
Old 09-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Jaguar

Ok man sounds great! Well, actually your hackie which I used to boot with does give full rez at 1280x800 but it defaulted me back to 800x600 or something on reboot after I installed the voodoo_dmg file (not one of yours).

I have just tried the external display (an Asus 22 inch from my other pc). All visible again till the load screen and same white image. I will now try to take a screenie of whats going on for you. Cheers
Old 09-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Ok man sounds great! Well, actually your hackie which I used to boot with does give full rez at 1280x800 but it defaulted me back to 800x600 or something on reboot after I installed the voodoo_dmg file (not one of yours).

I have just tried the external display (an Asus 22 inch from my other pc). All visible again till the load screen and same white image. I will now try to take a screenie of whats going on for you. Cheers
so dont install the voodoo_dmg :-)
Old 09-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Jaguar

Righty then....here are the pics you requested. The first one is from sys profile, the second is some extra information that may be helpful from display profile. And...rather off topic, the third pic is what it tells me on reboot after I installed the new iATKOS V7 (which is an iso I mounted and ran from cd). If you'd rather me talk to the approriate people about iATKOS just send me that way.

I just thought I'd ask you as it is an error others are getting....and of course you seem to know more than everything about these proggies..............

You have been a great help so far thanks :-)
-Simon
Old 09-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Jaguar

Oh, I'd better upload the pics hey :-)

Have a 1
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG_0132.pdf (289.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_0133.pdf (298.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_0131.pdf (118.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Jaguar

Quote:

The first one is from sys profile

If you'd rather me talk to the approriate people about iATKOS just send me that way.
was that first pic taken from within leo10.5 or snow10.6?

cos if it was taken from snow10.6, everything seems to be in order...

anyways... im all outta options at this point... i think we might have to wait for someone to cook-up a working set of x3100 kexts...

and im not too sure about the iatkos error... best u take it up with those guys :-)

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.