View Single Post

Old 08-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Panther

FINALLY ....

I did a lot of installs but finally got a finished product. Running in 32 bit. My second last one worked great but from some reason I could not get admin privileges. I've been working on it for a couple of hours and have not had a KP.

I basically followed SalCleoCheater's instructions in the SL on PC thread. I installed from a SL 380 build on Drive 1 to a clean partition on Drive 2.

- When I installed Chameleon 2 1.0 r431 I received and install error. I ignored the error and installed Snow v2 Snow Leopard Support.

- I copied (yes .... I wrote that correctly) the following kexts into S/L/E (bold is 64 bit).... dsmos, NullCPUPowerManagement, OpenHaltRestart, PlatformUUID, RealtekR1000, VoodooHDA

- I have the following additional kexts in my S/L/E ... HDEnabler, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, IONetworkingFamily, lspcidrv, NVdarwin, RT61CardBusDriver, RT2860WirelessDriver. I imported my files from the 380 build so I suspect that's where they came from.

- I replace both boot and mach_kernel

- dsdt is in the Extra folder

Now to make a backup and start tweaking the kext and try to get 64 bit running. From pervious SL experience I only need to work on networking.

Gigabyte EX58-UD5 - i7 920 @ 3.2 GHx - eVGA 8800GT
Asus P5Q Deluxe - E8400 @ 3.6 GHz - Asus 7900GT
iMac 2.2 GHz - 4 MB