View Single Post

Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 AM
Cheetah

You will need to reinstall Chameleon2 BEFORE doing anything below. Latest version in dpkg form.

EDIT: Phenom users need to use kernel switches at startup to fix serious issues. Google should help you here too. There are two must-have flags to get your Phenom working correctly (cannot remember them sorry - I have an Athlon64X2)

I would use iPortableSnow 10.6.2, which has a full OSX system (minus some languages, printer drivers etc), then use some online instructions and files to replace Kernel (modbin Test 7), boot file, patch binaries somehow (Marvins AMD Utility crashes on launch on my AMD system) :-(

Edit smbios.plist in /Extra and platformUUID.kext in /Extra/Extensions (replace your boot partition UUID (found in Disk Utility/Info) in both files.

There are other better guides on the net, search for "Snow Leopard" "AMD" "Kernel" and you should find the same as me.

PS. I have my Intel E7200 box running sweetly, without having to do any of the above - working sweetly first boot off USB stick. I replaced EFI string for GL/QE/CI, and replaced graphics kexts/voodooHDA.

Unfortunately, without realtime patching of binaries, AMD users are in a world of hurt at the moment. I suffer the identical issues you do, but have not tried iPortableSnow on this system yet (maybe later today!)

Last edited by themacmeister; 02-19-2010 at 02:52 AM.