View Single Post

Old 03-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Panther

Well, if you're using a Chameleon RC3? (but definitely RC4) derived bootloader, you can do:
Code:
        <key>system-type</key>
        <string>2</string>
in your com.apple.Boot.plist.

Quote:
Which led me to wonder about some of the other little quirks about my system...the lack of trackpad preference pane
That's dependent on the kind of trackpad you have. Most don't work out of the box with OSX. It also matters a lot of the trackpad is PS2-based. If it matters that much to you, ry VoodooPS2.

Quote:
no power/battery icon
In Leo, I had it working with a hacked version of AppleACPI something or other. As I'm trying to be native, retail in SL, I'm using VoodooBattery. superhai released a 64-bit version on his website. As long as your battery is identified as PNP0C0A, then Voodoo should find it.

Quote:
screen not waking after sleep
should be a trivial fix in your DSDT-- check the DSDT sub-forum, i think this fix was posted-- you're basically just notifying the display to wake up...

--
MacBook Pro - have allergy to nickel in the aluminum casing. So my kid gets an expensive toy!

Gateway MX 8738 - Retail, vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (thanks kizwan!) with Chameleon RC4, modified DSDT. Upgraded to Core 2 CPU (easy to do). Upgraded to 640GB drive. Everything but SD card working. Minor niggles. GMA950 with QE/CI and *no* artifacts.

iMac (luxo/lamp) G4 with Tiger.