InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

burger888 07-13-2012 12:27 PM

Hi all,

I've been running 10.7.4 on my AMD system for a while now - 32 bit of course, but it's nice and stable. I have one issue that is killing me, I can't get Adobe Flash to work... yep, all installed and I've tried with different browsers but all I get is audio and a white or black screen, no video.

Any ideas?

GGollomm 07-13-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burger888 (Post 58128)
Hi all,

I've been running 10.7.4 on my AMD system for a while now - 32 bit of course, but it's nice and stable. I have one issue that is killing me, I can't get Adobe Flash to work... yep, all installed and I've tried with different browsers but all I get is audio and a white or black screen, no video.

Any ideas?

try to install firefox and disable the hardware acceleration from adobe.
to do this just click right inside a flash video, select settings and uncheck "enable hardware acceleration" this should change the setting over all browsers.

this helped me to get flash working! report back please.

burger888 07-14-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGollomm (Post 58131)
try to install firefox and disable the hardware acceleration from adobe.
to do this just click right inside a flash video, select settings and uncheck "enable hardware acceleration" this should change the setting over all browsers.

this helped me to get flash working! report back please.

Thanks for the reply mate. Problem is that when I right click Settings... nothing happens, no settings box pops up! Global Settings... works, but not Settings...
Doesn't matter what browser I use, I get the same result. Nothing pops up.

Any other ideas?

ham4ever 07-14-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burger888 (Post 58128)
Hi all,

Any ideas?

i had same problem with my ATI 4850 but solved with change kext for it , so change ur video card kexts ;)

TheConnactic 07-14-2012 05:00 PM

Should I upgrade to Bulldozer to get a better user experience?

Hello, everybody!

First of all, thanks to RAW x86 for his great job. Get the (still) latest osx on a (relativelly) cheap AMD machine is the pinnacle of hackintoshing.

I have lion 10.7.2 running 32-bit on an Athlon II x2 250 with bronzovka v4 kernel. It's nice and stable, just like someone else told. The main issues are that i had to swap the original finder with DP2 32-bit finder, and that even this solution has its bugs (doesn't copy/cut/paste/erase) so i had to install Path Finder.

I tried the update to 10.7.4 with both bronzovka v6 and RAW x86 latest kernels. With bronzovka's i couldn't even boot. With RAW's, as i have a non-Bulldozer CPU, i got 32-bit with that described permission bug. The result was somewhat worse than what i already got with 10.7.2, because the finder restrictions now affected Path Finder, installers and disk utility too, so i had to change back to 10.7.2.

But i'm AMD-stubborn, and i'm willing to effort an upgrade to a Bulldozer/Piledriver CPU to enjoy Lion in full 64-bit experience, besides it's a great CPU. Therefore i need to get the answers to some questions before making this upgrade:

1) The original lion finder will work out of the box, since the system will run at 64-bit? It's very annoying to resource to DP and path finders to get the work done;

2) 64-bit-only kexts and apps will work? The answer to this question may look obvious, but nothing in OsX86 is really the way it seems;

3) 32-bit apps will continue to work in 64-bit mode?

4) The core services and apps will stop being impossible to launch after x minutes from reboot? Another problematic point in lion with AMD;

5) The kernel will possibly work in a newer Piledriver CPU, since it's basically an enhanced Buldozer?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

no1youknowz 07-14-2012 08:33 PM

Hey guys,

I'm trying to install xcode.4.3.3 for lion and as you can see, it's a no go.

http://i.imgur.com/fbabD.png

I am using the V4 kernel found here:

Code:

http://www.osx86.net/view/2584-again_update__mach_kernel_10.7.3_for_amd!!!!!!!!.html
and this kernel as well:

Code:

http://www.osx86.net/view/2804-bronzovkanvoodoo_0.9.26.html
Has anyone installed xcode 4.3.3 and can offer any assistance?

Thanks!

tejaswi.rohit 07-15-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no1youknowz (Post 58138)
Hey guys,

I'm trying to install xcode.4.3.3 for lion and as you can see, it's a no go.

I am using the V4 kernel found here:

Code:

http://www.osx86.net/view/2584-again_update__mach_kernel_10.7.3_for_amd!!!!!!!!.html
and this kernel as well:

Code:

http://www.osx86.net/view/2804-bronzovkanvoodoo_0.9.26.html
Has anyone installed xcode 4.3.3 and can offer any assistance?

Thanks!

Xcode is a 64bit app :( so It can't be run on our 32bit only Lion. You can install Xcode 4.2 but you will have to change the system version before installing by editing a file. You will have to do that every time you run Xcode and or you want to restart. Basically you have to spoof that your OS X is 10.6 to run Xcode 4.2 on Lion. and don't forget to change it back to default when you would like to restart else OS X won't boot.

burger888 07-15-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ham4ever (Post 58136)
i had same problem with my ATI 4850 but solved with change kext for it , so change ur video card kexts ;)

Umm, sounds good. Can you recommend one? I've got a Gigabyte ATI 6850 (GV-R685OC-1GD)

Here's my current extract from System Information:

ATI Radeon HD 6xxx:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 6xxx
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6739
Revision ID: 0x0000

no1youknowz 07-15-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejaswi.rohit (Post 58139)
Xcode is a 64bit app :( so It can't be run on our 32bit only Lion. You can install Xcode 4.2 but you will have to change the system version before installing by editing a file. You will have to do that every time you run Xcode and or you want to restart. Basically you have to spoof that your OS X is 10.6 to run Xcode 4.2 on Lion. and don't forget to change it back to default when you would like to restart else OS X won't boot.

Thanks, but not really the answer im looking for. I'd rather just go out and buy an intel mobo + cpu than mess around like this.

Havent a few people got Lion to run in 64bit mode?

gils 07-15-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheConnactic (Post 58137)
Hello, everybody!

First of all, thanks to RAW x86 for his great job. Get the (still) latest osx on a (relativelly) cheap AMD machine is the pinnacle of hackintoshing.

I have lion 10.7.2 running 32-bit on an Athlon II x2 250 with bronzovka v4 kernel. It's nice and stable, just like someone else told. The main issues are that i had to swap the original finder with DP2 32-bit finder, and that even this solution has its bugs (doesn't copy/cut/paste/erase) so i had to install Path Finder.

I tried the update to 10.7.4 with both bronzovka v6 and RAW x86 latest kernels. With bronzovka's i couldn't even boot. With RAW's, as i have a non-Bulldozer CPU, i got 32-bit with that described permission bug. The result was somewhat worse than what i already got with 10.7.2, because the finder restrictions now affected Path Finder, installers and disk utility too, so i had to change back to 10.7.2.

But i'm AMD-stubborn, and i'm willing to effort an upgrade to a Bulldozer/Piledriver CPU to enjoy Lion in full 64-bit experience, besides it's a great CPU. Therefore i need to get the answers to some questions before making this upgrade:

1) The original lion finder will work out of the box, since the system will run at 64-bit? It's very annoying to resource to DP and path finders to get the work done;

2) 64-bit-only kexts and apps will work? The answer to this question may look obvious, but nothing in OsX86 is really the way it seems;

3) 32-bit apps will continue to work in 64-bit mode?

4) The core services and apps will stop being impossible to launch after x minutes from reboot? Another problematic point in lion with AMD;

5) The kernel will possibly work in a newer Piledriver CPU, since it's basically an enhanced Buldozer?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

:)

hello,

like you, I'm Forcia AMD but you have to face the fact that Intel has chosen to make more sense.
The finding of FX is overwhelming, less effective than K10 x6, I fear that the arrival of the new FX 83xx is still worse than the first of the series! will be reduced to increase speed and to consumption at the same time for poor performance.

The same K10 x2/4/6 offered good performance on OS X while not working at all on certain application. AMD stock on OS X is very mixed, given the price / performance.

i3 2100 /100 € /65 w = x4 955/100 € /95/125 w> FX 4100/100 €/95/118 w!

E31230 /80 w/ 200 € >> 20 % !! FX 8150/125 w / 190 €

For you to see.