InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus K50IN (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4409)

Snozee 07-13-2010 11:57 PM

Hi!

I have an asus notebook k50in-sx021. I install it snowleo few months ago and it works, except for the wifi works. I upgraded to 10.6.4. but the graphic card does not work. I downloaded the 10.6.4 NVEnabler, NVinject, Natit, kexts but screen is blue, then white, and flashes. Dsdt.aml this type of error: pci root uid not found. The dsdt editing do not understand.
What's the problem?

Thanks and regards.

man_of_the_oak 07-14-2010 10:44 AM

Everything should work only with Graphics Enabler. What dsdt.aml do you use? If it's your own - please upload this, so we can see what may cause the problem.

Snozee 07-14-2010 05:46 PM

Your dsdt.asl file has been downloaded and tried out.

Update:
I removed nvenabler, nvinject, Natit. The "pci root not found" solved the boot.plist in the kernel flags to have added "-pci1". If the GraphicsEnabler -> yes, it does not load graphics system only shows the apple and the lodader, but the system is running in the background, and i don't see the desktop.

man_of_the_oak 07-15-2010 11:41 AM

Ok, here are my settings from com.apple.boot.plist:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>EHCIacquire</key>
        <string>n</string>
        <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
        <string>n</string>
        <key>ForceHPET</key>
        <string>n</string>
        <key>ForceWake</key>
        <string>n</string>
        <key>GUI</key>
        <string>y</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>1366x768x32@60</string>
        <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>y</string>
        <key>Kernel</key>
        <string>mach_kernel</string>
        <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>Theme</key>
        <string>os</string>
        <key>UHCIreset</key>
        <string>n</string>
        <key>USBBusFix</key>
        <string>n</string>
</dict>
</plist>

PS You must delete all the custom kexts for video, if you use my DSDT. And... if I remember right, I get the same error while loading from Chameleon but everything is ok.

Snozee 07-16-2010 01:06 AM

Thanks.
I changed of Boot.plist, but does not work. I made a picture of the boot.

http://musicnetworkradio.hu/ps.jpg

It does not freeze, like when running the system, only the graphical interface does not load.

flip360 07-16-2010 06:26 PM

hmmm, strange, i dont use the dsdt.aml patch at all, did you try and boot without it? Also what about the AppleHDA.kext, do you have sound working?

Snozee 07-16-2010 07:56 PM

Does not work 10.6.4 AppleHDA.kext, only on 10.6.2.
Here is the extra folder:

Extensions.zip

man_of_the_oak 07-17-2010 10:26 AM

DSDT is recommended if you have problems with DVD writer - it fixes it all. Anyway, in general it's better to use it since your computer looks more mac-alike for Snow Leopard.

Are you sure that you don't have any other kexts for graphics?

PS I checked your extensions folder - it's a total mess, you don't need any sleep enabler or NullCPUPowerManagement. Please follow my instructions and replace it with my files from post above, then tell me if it worked.

In case you can't find my files: http://rapidshare.com/files/40743101...4_-_Backup.zip

Snozee 07-19-2010 09:40 PM

Did not work with these kexts, but re-installed the system, and then worked. Maybe something screwed. Thank you very much for your help!

uwannacookie 07-19-2010 11:13 PM

[quote=flip360;48262]
Quote:

Originally Posted by uwannacookie (Post 48132)
btw, PRO5DIN = K50IN .
i dont think so, asus must changed something, they have so many models of K50 its immpossible to have the same logic board in it :)

I have MCP79 chipset family, then it works. Mine was just some refurbish because of CPU.

Soon I'll give a NEW try.

uwannacookie 07-19-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 48279)
did you overclock your processor?
i have the same one but it shows 2.0 GHz, also about the logic board, you said that its nVidia MCP75L where mine is nVidia MCP79 which is used in older macbook`s and its 100% compatible, maybe thats causing the errors you have? i think that not every K50 has the same board :|

See ? Mine's MCP79 too. Sorry for double posting.

uwannacookie 07-22-2010 09:29 PM

Everyone's sleeping ? Finally got my laptop running a distro. Now I'm gonna make teh restore usb and after that , gonna install the retail one :D . TY man_of_the_oak for your support!

uwannacookie 07-23-2010 01:33 PM

I don't know what I did, but I have full resolution even on apple logo booting :D

uwannacookie 07-23-2010 01:36 PM

Only stuff remaining is the sound, and I have a perfect hackintosh too :) (gonna buy a wifi for 15€)

uwannacookie 07-23-2010 11:58 PM

One more hackintosher over this world (: TY man_of_the_oak for your support !

uwannacookie 07-24-2010 10:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QDHj1od_pA :D

flip360 07-24-2010 08:10 PM

@ uwannacookie: good for you :)
@ man_of_the_oak: i think that using the dsdt patch file is only needed if running into some incompatibilies ;)

uwannacookie 07-24-2010 10:51 PM

@flip360 I spent... 20 hours per day for 4 days making the pc to work the retail . enough for who was running into incompatibilities ? :p

flip360 07-25-2010 02:49 PM

i guess, i spent countless of hours for this two years understanding it how it works ;)

uwannacookie 07-26-2010 12:12 PM

;)

I have told , i'm the last one to install the upcoming update :O

bayuaditya 07-27-2010 04:28 PM

wta

hello newbie here,
i've successfull install a hackintosh on my asus k40in intel t4400, im using an asus k50in boot cd from a forum and a patched snow leo 10.6 which can installled on MBR partition because i'm using xp and 7 too in 1 hdd.
i installled chameleon on mac and restart, then after reboot, it wont load chameleon, its loaded seven bootloader. but if im using asus k50in boot cd it could boot.
i want chameleon as my default bootloader to boot mac, xp and 7.

any suggestion much appreciated.

uwannacookie 07-27-2010 06:29 PM

Wait until someone asks for me, i'm the newer here on successful hackintoshers.

flip360 07-28-2010 07:39 PM

the MBR method is not really recommended because of errors after install, you should try and make the disk GUID partition table and then install it for maximum compatibility. Dont worry Win7 and OSX coexist sucsessfully on GUID with no problems :)

cheers

@uwannacookie: dont worry mate we are all here to help eachother :)

bayuaditya 07-29-2010 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 49742)
the MBR method is not really recommended because of errors after install, you should try and make the disk GUID partition table and then install it for maximum compatibility. Dont worry Win7 and OSX coexist sucsessfully on GUID with no problems :)

cheers

@uwannacookie: dont worry mate we are all here to help eachother :)

yup i see it, thanks in advance. but migrate to GUID doesn't make me happy at all, because i have to backup entire data on my hdd. i also still use xp anyway.
so there is another solution?

now im trying to boot from iso file that contains asus k50in boot cd, hope it works.

flip360 07-29-2010 12:06 PM

the second that comes to mind is that you can boot it again through the bootcd and install chameleon onto the first partition ( i think you did that)?
cheers

bayuaditya 07-29-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 49752)
the second that comes to mind is that you can boot it again through the bootcd and install chameleon onto the first partition ( i think you did that)?
cheers

yes but it still not working because my default bootloader is windows seven, now im try use easybcd 2.0.1 to add macosx entries, i rebooted then met chameleon and chose my mac partition and finally got kernel panic.
it said applecpupowermanagement or something i dont understand. so what should i do with that KP?

thanks

flip360 07-29-2010 04:05 PM

do you have sleepenabler in your extra folder? if so remove it, its known for causing kp`s,

cheers

bayuaditya 07-29-2010 08:30 PM

flip360 i think i need entire kext u have. so i'll now the KP cause.
thanks.
cheers.

uwannacookie 07-29-2010 08:43 PM

@flip360 : can you help me with making country stuff ? My locale is ETSI , and country code is PT. atheros 9285 was recognized (not fully) since 10.6.2 , you have to force your own country to have the wifi working :D

EDIT : It's currently unknown, i try to add it , replace the kext , kextutility , rebooting , and still unknown.

uwannacookie 07-29-2010 08:46 PM

And our wifi problem is the same as the real macs after update to 10.6.2 .

bayuaditya 07-29-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 49758)
do you have sleepenabler in your extra folder? if so remove it, its known for causing kp`s,

cheers

good news here, i successful boot to my hackintosh, but sounds still didnt work, touchpad too and the resolution is 1024x768.
is there any new kext for that?
help me please.
thanks

man_of_the_oak 07-30-2010 10:01 AM

http://uploading.com/files/3a8m43c7/...%2BBackup.zip/

Use my files. Firstly - delete your extra (make a backup if you want) and replace it with mine, then go to system/library/extensions and put my stuff there (replace if needed). Finally you can use Kext utility to repair permissions. Ahh... btw. don't be afraid when you get warning messages that kext cannot be used (it's typical when you put sth new to System/Library/Extensions)
Everything should work now, but remember that you MUST delete any custom kexts you put there before - only my files are needed~

bayuaditya 07-30-2010 10:27 AM

thanks for this stuff dude, but is it fine that yours is 10.6.4, but mine is 10.6?
i'll try it, hope it works

man_of_the_oak 07-30-2010 02:43 PM

It shouldn't be a problem but it would be good idea to update the system before using my stuff :)

bayuaditya 07-30-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_the_oak (Post 49782)
It shouldn't be a problem but it would be good idea to update the system before using my stuff :)

works like a magic, runs smoothly. i'll consider to update my 10.6 to 10.6.4. thanks for the entire guide of this thread, keep posting guys, i'm waiting for wifi magic.

man_of_the_oak 07-30-2010 04:27 PM

Don't consider, do this :)

bayuaditya 07-31-2010 06:32 AM

Wta

i consider to buy a usb wifi which fully compatible with my hackintosh snow leopard asus k40in, is there any suggestion???
i've discover another forum that bluelink-bl-u80-g is compatible but im not sure.:-|

man_of_the_oak 07-31-2010 09:10 AM

I would rather take a miniPCI-e one, it's very easy to replace wifi in this asus and works perfect :)

PS If you decide to install update - put this disabler kext into system/library/extensions

http://files.netkas.org/10.6.2/NullC...ement.kext.zip

After first reboot with installed update, you can delete it :)

bayuaditya 07-31-2010 12:55 PM

yes but i'd rather choose usb interface, its more simple and most usable in other PC.
any suggestion what suitable brand? or anyone succeed with usb wifi+this hackintosh?

bayuaditya 08-01-2010 07:21 AM

Wta

my asus k40in with T4200 dual core boot 64 mode with EFI 64 too. i want to boot to 32 bit mode. i tried kernel selector apps, but still load 64 bit mode. is there any solution?
thanks.

jhernandez 08-02-2010 12:31 PM

Hi there...
I've been trying to install snow leopard 10.6.3 from the retail dvd (macbook pro) for about 3 months, and every time get a different error. Could someone please detail a functional combination of ktexts and boot command lines (such as -x -v -f -s -x32 cpus=1, etc) for a successful installation in an ASUS K50IN with pentium T4300 and 217 bios??
Another option is trying with a bios update, but I can't find reliable information about how to do so... even from the asustek website.
This is not about an specific mistake, I hope to find a working method to install mac osx

thank you guys!

man_of_the_oak 08-02-2010 08:25 PM

To update bios, you simply download it from asus website http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID...ntent=download

Then you put file from archive (remember it's name) on a pendrive, go to bios and find update option, then choose pendrive name and correct filename... wait - and there it's ready.

Detailed instructions about installing you can find a few pages before (the same with kexts from 10.6.4, which I have uploaded recently, if you can't find them - send me a PM). Remember to put nullcpu(...) before rebooting for the first time after updating to 10.6.4 :)

Any questions - I'm here~

bayuaditya 08-03-2010 04:16 AM

how to boot in 32 bit kernel mode please??
sorry its a stupid question.

jhernandez 08-03-2010 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_the_oak (Post 49853)
To update bios, you simply download it from asus website http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID...ntent=download

Then you put file from archive (remember it's name) on a pendrive, go to bios and find update option, then choose pendrive name and correct filename... wait - and there it's ready.

Detailed instructions about installing you can find a few pages before (the same with kexts from 10.6.4, which I have uploaded recently, if you can't find them - send me a PM). Remember to put nullcpu(...) before rebooting for the first time after updating to 10.6.4 :)

Any questions - I'm here~

That's why i'm stuck on the installation. My bios doesn't have an upgrade bios option. There is not specific info on the internet (at least after few google searches) for bios upgrade for this laptop. The file available on ASUS webpage is K40INAS.222, not the usual .rom bios file. There is another option for upgrading the bios?? The current bios doesn't offer almost any option.

thanks for your quick answer!!

uwannacookie 08-03-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayuaditya (Post 49860)
how to boot in 32 bit kernel mode please??
sorry its a stupid question.

keep pressing F8, when you get into the chameleon boot menu , you have to put " -arch=i386 " and press enter to boot.

If you want to check if it has booted in 32bit mode you go to about this mac window , more info , and click on Software , to see if it is using 64-bit kernel and extensions.

uwannacookie 08-03-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhernandez (Post 49862)
That's why i'm stuck on the installation. My bios doesn't have an upgrade bios option. There is not specific info on the internet (at least after few google searches) for bios upgrade for this laptop. The file available on ASUS webpage is K40INAS.222, not the usual .rom bios file. There is another option for upgrading the bios?? The current bios doesn't offer almost any option.

thanks for your quick answer!!

Turn on your computer and keep pressing F4 until it appears a Bios Update Utility. Then you point your usb device letter, and select your bios, and update :). ŠREMEMBER TO BE ON AC POWERŠ

EDIT: bios will detect that extension as a rom file.

dohmincool 08-03-2010 11:44 AM

Sleep

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. I have a K40IE which is simliar to the K50IN.

I have a nVidia 310m graphics card with QE/CI. My logic board is also MCP79.

I have speedstep enabled. But the only problem is that I cant sleep. When my lappie sleeps, the screen turns black the harddisk light flashes for a while, then its gone. the CPU light remains on. however, I cant wake my laptop up. I tried pressing the power button, randomly spamming the keyboard, moving the mouse etc.

Also, when I shutdown, the CPU light is still on and using battery.

Any ideas anyone?

Also, I tried the DSDT of the K50IN from this post http://osx86.net/f47/asus-k50in-t4409/page17.html

Surprisingly, it boots properly, except that my bluetooth is gone. but still no change in sleep and shutdown. any ideas?

I also noticed that when I compile the DSDT from the K50IN I get no warnings but on my DSDT, I have tons of warnings. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

man_of_the_oak 08-03-2010 12:22 PM

Umm.. firsly try my files:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wd1mr6y11mgm2fx

But you must edit graphics card info in my dsdt since we have totally other ones ;) Anyway, you can also try to edit yours by looking at mine. Good luck!

dohmincool 08-03-2010 03:22 PM

I tried your dsdt. edited the info in it and remove HDEF. just like the dsdt that I used in the previous post, bluetooth is gone. but still no change in sleep and shutdown.

T.T

bayuaditya 08-04-2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uwannacookie (Post 49863)
keep pressing F8, when you get into the chameleon boot menu , you have to put " -arch=i386 " and press enter to boot.

If you want to check if it has booted in 32bit mode you go to about this mac window , more info , and click on Software , to see if it is using 64-bit kernel and extensions.

thanks for quick reply, BTW sometimes after booting i got touchpad mess around when touched, but sometimes its works normally and my asus k40in still cant wakeup from sleep, restart and shutdown was normal. i use patched SL 10.6.
thanks in advance.