InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus K50IN (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4409)

flip360 11-28-2009 11:39 PM

i have separate options for the mouse and keyboard and i have my notebook listed as MacBookPro5,3 in system profiler and it still works. Did you try the kexts that are in my extra folder? Because i know for sure that the VooDooPS2Controller cannot work without the AppleACPIPS2Nub part ;) I have fully working sound and no problem with the trackpad using those two kexts.

cheers

LennartMasa 11-29-2009 02:54 AM

Okay, hi all.
I have also a K50IN, and I will install Snow Leopard on my notebook.

I have only 1 problem. I have no PC or Notebook with OS X, but my friend has, so I will create my installer USB on his Mac.
But can I boot my installer here in my K50IN, because I've read somethings about DSDT that will be created if you make a installer with the guide (from flip's first post).

Guys, can you help me :rolleyes:?

LennartMasa 11-29-2009 01:04 PM

Ive done all the steps, and Im in the installation. But I cant install!
I can only upgrade to 10.6, but I dont have 10.5 on my notebook, so, I can't do anything!
Is this a problem with the DVD or what? Plz help me!

flip360 11-29-2009 07:24 PM

hello there,

first of what type of K50IN do you have? Did you format the hard drive? Did you install the snow-installer?

cheers

LennartMasa 11-29-2009 09:16 PM

Okay guys, Snow Leopard is running after many tries :-d.
I have only 1 question... That Extra folder, where I must place that kexts etc.?
I'm totally new with OS X, so... please help me?

kokozedman 11-30-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LennartMasa (Post 40282)
Okay guys, Snow Leopard is running after many tries :-d.
I have only 1 question... That Extra folder, where I must place that kexts etc.?
I'm totally new with OS X, so... please help me?

Well, I don't know how you have installed it, but normally, if you get it installed at this time, then you sure should be knowledged about eh /Extra folder on the root of your Snow Leopard.
It is very strange to me that you don't know it, and though you have Snow Leopard installed.

Extensions are placed in 2 places:
  1. /System/Library/Extensions/
  2. /Extra/Extensions/
The second on the list is loaded first, and the first on the list if loaded second; keep that in mind.

kokozedman 11-30-2009 07:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RGGG (Post 40197)
Oddly, I just noticed, my mac is listed as a Mac Pro, and in system preferences, I have separate options for keyboard and mouse instead of the usual "keyboard & mouse setting" found on macbooks

That is very strange ... I recommend you use the SMBIOS.plist from flip360. I'm actually using one that is based on that, and mine is actually MacBookPro5,1 (the one from flip360 is actually MacBookPro5,3).
I have attached my SMBIOS if you want to try it. There are some few enhancements in it, that is suitable to my laptop ... use at your own risk as usual.

As for the mouse, I actually had similar problems before ... what I have noticed is that when the Extensions.mkext is not updated correctly, it will do that. I recommend you use pfix script in addition to Kext Utility.
First, use the Kext Utility, then run pfix script. http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2009/10/...-1-1-released/

kokozedman 11-30-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGGG (Post 40193)
My trackpad has stopped working. I reinstalled the VoodooPS2 kext, no go.

Possibly stopped working after getting sound installed.

Any idea what happened here?

Also, make sure that you're using PC EFI v10.5. When using bare Chameleon RC3, I get either a very jumpy and strange trackpad behavior, or really dead trackpad.

Above that, PC EFI seems to make Hackintosh behave much more stable.

LennartMasa 11-30-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokozedman (Post 40305)
That is very strange ... I recommend you use the SMBIOS.plist from flip360. I'm actually using one that is based on that, and mine is actually MacBookPro5,1 (the one from flip360 is actually MacBookPro5,3).
I have attached my SMBIOS if you want to try it. There are some few enhancements in it, that is suitable to my laptop ... use at your own risk as usual.

As for the mouse, I actually had similar problems before ... what I have noticed is that when the Extensions.mkext is not updated correctly, it will do that. I recommend you use pfix script in addition to Kext Utility.
First, use the Kext Utility, then run pfix script. http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2009/10/...-1-1-released/

Okay, yea. I know about the kexts etc. but I don't know where to place it. /Extra/Extensions or /System/Libary/Extentions. So, youve already answered my question. Thnx!

LennartMasa 11-30-2009 02:12 PM

Well, everything is working exept the trackpad, wireless internet (but no one of you all has already resolved this), and the sound.

Anyone who can help me?