InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

A3yu 05-08-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visioneer (Post 57418)
Why are you complaining about CS6 only working in 64-bit mode? IF it runs, and works, then you SHOULD use 64-bit no matter what... Or do you mean 64-bit kernel causing other 32-bit apps to not work? You're not being specific enough to have even determined if you need to change hardware or not.

(with snow leopard) 64 bit is only userland.. Photoshop CS6 need a 64 bit kernel..it crash on startup T_T and i think thar the problem is linked with legacy kernel that isn't arch x85_64.

That's why i think that i need intel...:'(

lunfai 05-08-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3yu (Post 57419)
(with snow leopard) 64 bit is only userland.. Photoshop CS6 need a 64 bit kernel..it crash on startup T_T and i think thar the problem is linked with legacy kernel that isn't arch x85_64.

hey it's you, I'm Devout who replied to your post.

Fraom 05-09-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostec (Post 57414)
There are 10 types of persons: The ones who read the previous posts and the ones who doesn't.

There are 71 pages :S :)
Ovhewere i ve post it only for to read that lion work on my amd turion rm-74.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3yu (Post 57419)

Me too.... But i think that this is the moment (really after summer ) that i
Buy a MacBook pro

A3yu 05-09-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57420)
hey it's you, I'm Devout who replied to your post.

Yessa!

Too sad for photoshop T_T

R:A:W:X86 05-11-2012 12:21 AM

10.7.4 / AMD anybody?

Don't know if it is caused by using the old Kernel or if something went terribly wrong when using the pkg update:

After update I have a lot of kxtld errors during boot, looks like a lot of Kernel Extensions are not getting loaded, including AppelFileSystemDriver - so no more way to boot into the system. :-|

I already tried the usual like deleting all Caches etc...

jeaton2012 05-11-2012 12:37 AM

xpchelper fixed!

I seem to have permanently fixed the applications not opening problem :D

1) Wait for xpchelper to crash
2) Open terminal and type these in:
"sudo su"
"cd /private/var/folders"
"find /private/var/folders/ -type f | grep -i com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
3) cd to the first one that shows up on the list (it will be in a separate folder from the other xpchelper caches)
"rm -r com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
"pico com.apple.xpchelper.cache" ---> hit ctrl+o to save and ctrl+x to exit
"chflags uchg com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
4) Reboot and you're done!

tejaswi.rohit 05-11-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57429)
I seem to have permanently fixed the applications not opening problem:

1) Wait for xpchelper to crash
2) Open terminal and type these in:
"sudo su"
"cd /private/var/folders"
"find /private/var/folders/ -type f | grep -i com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
3) cd to the first one that shows up on the list (it will be in a separate folder from the other xpchelper caches)
"rm -r com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
"pico com.apple.xpchelper.cache" ---> hit ctrl+o to save and ctrl+x to exit
"chmod -x com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
4) Reboot and you're done!

Doesn't help :( Apps still crash after 5 minutes.
OS X version 10.7.2.
I had removed ReportCrash before is that necessary for this tweak to work ?

delgadilloalex 05-11-2012 07:55 AM

damn 45 minutes of app use with this trick

1) show all files

2) (open with text wrangler or whatever works)

root/.fseventsd/fseventsd-uuid

3) then go to utilities/system profiler.app

copy hardware UUID and replace it with the one in fseventsd-uuid

save fseventsd-uuid

reboot

i was very bored noticed they were different. hope this works.

ryman 05-11-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delgadilloalex (Post 57431)
1) show all files

2) (open with text wrangler or whatever works)

root/.fseventsd/fseventsd-uuid

3) then go to utilities/system profiler.app

copy hardware UUID and replace it with the one in fseventsd-uuid

save fseventsd-uuid

reboot

i was very bored noticed they were different. hope this works.

The UUID always change back to the old one after reboot ;-(

bronzovka 05-11-2012 09:14 PM

Hi all!
I fix kernel and work all standard programm !
But after 5min or another time one problem - it is xpchelper , but program working. Why ?
Maybe problem network localhost ? Or problem CS ?
I speak to all you - maybe i end work on mach_kernel !

anonomys209 05-11-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronzovka (Post 57434)
Hi all!
I fix kernel and work all standard programm !
But after 5min or another time one problem - it is xpchelper , but program working. Why ?
Maybe problem network localhost ? Or problem CS ?

I wish I could help. For now, all I can do it test. I wanna thank you for your work on the kernel, thanks to you I have my system completely ready for Lion once the kernel has been fixed. Being able to boot in at least gave me the chance to get graphics, network, sound and sleep situated for the time being.

As soon as you're done with the kernel, my system will be 100% ready for it! Please let me know if you need help testing as you continue developing the kernel.

***EDIT*** Thought it might be helpful to add that my system is working perfectly with this kernel aside from the xpchelper issue, as well as losing copy/paste function after about ten mins. I also have issues making changes to certain prefpanes, networking being one of them. I'm wondering if it all has something to do with having to run the 32bit DP2 Finder. Perhaps xpchelper doesn't like that and that's why it keeps crashing out on us? No idea if that's even relevant, just my two cents.

Fraom 05-11-2012 10:36 PM

can anyone send me a finder.app from dp2 ??? tanks

anonomys209 05-11-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraom (Post 57436)
can anyone send me a finder.app from dp2 ??? tanks

What's your email address? I can send it to you.

***EDIT*** Nevermind, I'll just upload it to Mediafire. I know I had a lot of trouble finding a download link for it myself, although there are a few out there. Give me a few and I'll post a new link.

anonomys209 05-11-2012 11:14 PM

Lion DP2 32bit Finder (Mediafire):

http://www.mediafire.com/?7dc3kbhevt5f079

Fraom 05-11-2012 11:19 PM

thankssssss :D :D

delgadilloalex 05-12-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronzovka (Post 57434)

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please keep going

todesto 05-12-2012 03:16 AM

Please keep going, bronzkova.

I confirm your kernel working on my system.
AMD X4 955 / ASUS M4A78T-E / HD5770. booted without problem, didn't test long enough for xphelper to crash.
As expected, icloud doesn't work. :'(
That is only reason why I want to use Lion.....iCloud!

jeaton2012 05-12-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejaswi.rohit (Post 57430)
Doesn't help :( Apps still crash after 5 minutes.
OS X version 10.7.2.
I had removed ReportCrash before is that necessary for this tweak to work ?

I'm running on 10.7.4, but I don't know if that makes any difference. Also, instead of doing "chmod -x com.apple.xpchelper.cache" try "chflags uchg com.apple.xpchelper.cache" What this does is basically disable Mac OS X from accessing the cache, which seems is related to the application.

Here's a screenshot of what the console should output if you disabled the cache correctly. I have left my computer running overnight and still no change. Just be careful if you repair permissions as this will restore the cache.

http://i50.tinypic.com/1torro.jpg

EDIT: And yeah, I disabled "Report Crash" too so that shouldn't matter. I'm 100% sure that the app crash problem is solved, at least for me. Good luck! :D And thank you very much for the kernel Bronzovka!
EDIT EDIT: 1 Hour 21 Minutes later... still nothing:) Oh, and this also fixed the finder copy/past/move/empty trash problems too.

anonomys209 05-12-2012 04:19 AM

...gonna try this out as soon as I get a chance. I'm booted into Snow Leopard at the moment. I tried that little trick last night and my system continued to crash, so I must not have done it correctly. Thanks for the tip.. Will post results in a bit.

tejaswi.rohit 05-12-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57442)
I'm running on 10.7.4, but I don't know if that makes any difference. Also, instead of doing "chmod -x com.apple.xpchelper.cache" try "chflags uchg com.apple.xpchelper.cache" What this does is basically disable Mac OS X from accessing the cache, which seems is related to the application.

EDIT EDIT: 1 Hour 21 Minutes later... still nothing:) Oh, and this also fixed the finder copy/past/move/empty trash problems too.

Ok all of a sudden it seems to work :D :D A few reboots magically fixed the problem.
I'm getting the same error messages as you in the console, so it must be working fine. Current Uptime : 15 minutes and everything is still working :)

Thanks for sharing this :)

delgadilloalex 05-12-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57442)

i think he's!!!!!!!!!!!got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its working!!!!!!!!

hanadriel 05-12-2012 08:30 AM

Hi!I can not perform the command chflags uchg com.apple.xpchelper.cache

When I run the command displays this message
chflags: com.apple.xpchelper.cache: No such file or directory
You could show you step by step!Thanks

tejaswi.rohit 05-12-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanadriel (Post 57447)
Hi!I can not perform the command chflags uchg com.apple.xpchelper.cache

When I run the command displays this message
chflags: com.apple.xpchelper.cache: No such file or directory
You could show you step by step!Thanks

Just make sure you cd into the directory properly all directories end with "C/"

He asked us to do it only for the first directory but I've done it for all the directories listed.

Kudos to that guy, he actually fixed it :D
I'm running Lion 10.7.2, so this seems to work on all versions :D

anonomys209 05-12-2012 09:32 AM

Well, mine seems to be working as well. I'm reluctant to say it's fixed until I let it run overnight and see what happens in the morning. I'm also afraid to reboot at this point LOL

Gotta give a huge thanks to bronzovka for the hard work on the kernel, and jeaton2012 for the huge tip with xpchelper. This is great! ^_^

PS: As a side note, I was having horrible lag issues with my QE/CI and my mouse, and since I've been watching the console I noticed a recurring error - IOHIDSystem cursor update overdue. Resending. - that turned out to be the culprit. Found a package called 10.7.2 update fixer that rolled back IOHIDSystem.kext to the 10.7.1 version and all is well. No lag and no mouse issues.

***EDIT*** After rebooting once, I'm back to being leggy again and I'm getting the same IOHIDFamily errors in console. Is anyone else getting this issue?? It's driving me nuts now that the system is running smoothly... My graphics and mouse are glitching...!! LOL

jamdownian 05-12-2012 09:53 AM

Anyone here has tried the kernels on a system like this:
AMD Phenom™ II Quad Core Mobile Processor P940
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 w/ ATIMobility Radeon HD 4200 dual graphics card.
Chipset:AMD 785GX
Southbridge:AMD SB850

Im using a toshiba a665d-s6091

ryman 05-12-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamdownian (Post 57450)
Anyone here has tried the kernels on a system like this:
AMD Phenom™ II Quad Core Mobile Processor P940
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 w/ ATIMobility Radeon HD 4200 dual graphics card.
Chipset:AMD 785GX
Southbridge:AMD SB850

Im using a toshiba a665d-s6091

I think mobile AMD CPUs are not supported and your Graphic Card does not work with lion, because its a mobile Readeon

ham4ever 05-12-2012 03:41 PM

this is great news guys , thanks to bronzovka for the kernel, and jeaton2012 for the help with xpchelper.
and to all of u guys who share their experience , this is great process

xmaniak100 05-12-2012 05:16 PM

sooo

so guys i see xpchelper is solved...are there any other problems that make me impossible to have normal hackintosh???if not HUUUUGEEEEE thx to bronzvooka or how is he called for kernel and jeaton2012 for his wiseness :) love you two guys...also is the kernel able to boot DVDs now?

anonomys209 05-12-2012 06:41 PM

Ok, ran overnight and apps, copy/paste is still working! To note, I also repeated the process for all four folders containing xpchelper.cache. Also notable, I have rebooted/repaired permissions several times, and xpchelper is still unable to write to cache!

The only issues I'm having now are with iCloud, and I'm also having problems with SystemPreferences.app whenever I make changes to network devices. I also notice at boot that my boot disk says (NO WRITE) next to it during verbose boot. Are we having issues with write permissions on the boot disk with the kernel? I may have missed that.

So what's next? Are there any plans to continue working on the kernel itself to get 64bit (at least userland) working? I wish I knew more to be able to contribute to the development, thanks for all the hard work guys.

***EDIT*** Is anyone else having this 'IOHIDSystem cursor update overdue' issue? It's killing me now lol the QE/CI is all sketchy and the mouse gets 'stuck' every few seconds!!! Any help for this one guys?

jeaton2012 05-12-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57454)
Ok, ran overnight and apps, copy/paste is still working! To note, I also repeated the process for all four folders containing xpchelper.cache. Also notable, I have rebooted/repaired permissions several times, and xpchelper is still unable to write to cache!

The only issues I'm having now are with iCloud, and I'm also having problems with SystemPreferences.app whenever I make changes to network devices. I also notice at boot that my boot disk says (NO WRITE) next to it during verbose boot. Are we having issues with write permissions on the boot disk with the kernel? I may have missed that.

So what's next? Are there any plans to continue working on the kernel itself to get 64bit (at least userland) working? I wish I knew more to be able to contribute to the development, thanks for all the hard work guys.

***EDIT*** Is anyone else having this 'IOHIDSystem cursor update overdue' issue? It's killing me now lol the QE/CI is all sketchy and the mouse gets 'stuck' every few seconds!!! Any help for this one guys?

For the mouse issue, I found this thread which looks like it might fix your problem.

Also, if you haven't already, install the kext located in this thread. Without it, Lion is extremely buggy. I had the same problems until I dropped this one in my /Extra/Extensions folder.

For those of you experiencing general QE/CI lagginess on Lion, Snow, etc, try deleting AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, then reboot, assign a corner of your desktop to sleep display (System Preferences>Mission Control>Hot Corners) and sleep your display with that corner after you boot up again. You should notice a huge increase in graphics performance.

anonomys209 05-12-2012 07:36 PM

I've actually already done both of those things in that thread, as well as rolled back my IOHIDFamily to a 10.7.1 version. As I said in a previous post, that worked for one boot and hasn't worked since. Thanks for your help though, hopefully I can find some more suggestions cuz this is really pissing me off lol Ps CS5 is pretty much impossible to use like this :(

***EDIT*** Just saw the second link is a VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext. Gonna try that one ASAP. Going home in a few, will post results. Thanks again man!

davisin666 05-12-2012 07:43 PM

So, which version of the kernel is the latest??? V5???
If there is a new version, please post the download link :)

jeaton2012 05-12-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57456)
I've actually already done both of those things in that thread, as well as rolled back my IOHIDFamily to a 10.7.1 version. As I said in a previous post, that worked for one boot and hasn't worked since. Thanks for your help though, hopefully I can find some more suggestions cuz this is really pissing me off lol Ps CS5 is pretty much impossible to use like this :(

***EDIT*** Just saw the second link is a VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext. Gonna try that one ASAP. Going home in a few, will post results. Thanks again man!

Haha, yeah without VoodooTSCSyncAMD my Lion install was completely useless (random hangs, buggy user interface, etc. I noticed a HUGE increase in everything after I installed that kext. And no problem! :)

EDIT: Davisin666, yes v5 is currently the latest, but some people have better results with the earlier versions too, so try those if v5 isn't working for you.

medussa 05-12-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejaswi.rohit (Post 57448)
Just make sure you cd into the directory properly all directories end with "C/"

He asked us to do it only for the first directory but I've done it for all the directories listed.

Kudos to that guy, he actually fixed it :D
I'm running Lion 10.7.2, so this seems to work on all versions :D

Hi! plz if you can step by step, Im a little short with terminal :D Always got
that massage about, there is not such a directory. What directory?

delgadilloalex 05-12-2012 09:02 PM

can some one figure out iCloud would love that to work?

anonomys209 05-12-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57458)
Haha, yeah without VoodooTSCSyncAMD my Lion install was completely useless (random hangs, buggy user interface, etc. I noticed a HUGE increase in everything after I installed that kext. And no problem! :)

Ya, I can't even seem to get that kext to load. Dropped it in E/E and just like the VoodooTSCSync.kext I had there before, it's not loaded with the OS. I really hope I can get this sorted out, I'm THIS close to a functional Lion install. I can live with a few bugs but this is driving me nuts.

Any word on the write issues on the boot volume? Is that just me? I'm still having trouble every time I reorder my network devices or add a network device, SysPrefs crashes. Anyone? Is this related or is this just me? :-/

***EDIT*** Installing the 10.7.4 Combo Update, hopefully afterwards I can apply these fixes and get better results.

Quick question: After I replace my mach_kernel, is there anything else I should do before I reboot?

...will I need to break permissions for xpchelper again?

anonomys209 05-12-2012 10:46 PM

Just bombed my install... :(

Oh well, gonna start fresh from iAtkos L2. At least now I have a gameplan....

hanadriel 05-13-2012 02:19 AM

Thank you very much I got, working here without crash!
But I'm having problems with App Store
I set up org.chamaleon.boot.pslist
<key> PciRoot </ key>
<string> 0 </ string>
<key> PCIRootUID </ key>
<string> 0 </ string>

Always worked well, but now is not working anymore the error "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

jeaton2012 05-13-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanadriel (Post 57463)
Thank you very much I got, working here without crash!
But I'm having problems with App Store
I set up org.chamaleon.boot.pslist
<key> PciRoot </ key>
<string> 0 </ string>
<key> PCIRootUID </ key>
<string> 0 </ string>

Always worked well, but now is not working anymore the error "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

Try putting this into your boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

jeaton2012 05-13-2012 02:59 AM

I've managed to fix the system preferences crashing that people have been experiencing when opening network preferences! Just put this into /System/Library/PreferencePanes/ and replace the existing one. Just make sure you back up the old one in case this one doesn't work.

davisin666 05-13-2012 03:00 AM

With the fix, it works awesome, even with those programs who use xpchelper (TextEdit, iTunes, etc).

But I'm still trying to enable QE/CI in my 9800GT (DVI/DVI) with many enablers (Even I've flashed the Mac Pro's 8800gt bios, because 9800GT and 8800GT are the same vga)

I can only boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, otherwise, it loses signal when trying to display the GUI. Of course I don't have QE/CI :-/

Anyone with any G92 card??? Which patch do you used (IOPCIFamily.kext, AppleACPIPlatform, DSDT)???

Thanks in advance! :)

anonomys209 05-13-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57465)
I've managed to fix the system preferences crashing that people have been experiencing when opening network preferences! Just put this into /System/Library/PreferencePanes/ and replace the existing one. Just make sure you back up the old one in case this one doesn't work.

Excellent, will test when I get home. I'm still struggling with the IOHIDSystem problem. I think it has to do with messing with my IOUSBFamily.kext trying to get sleep working. The only way I was able to get this board working with sleep on 10.6.7 was to use a custom IOUSBFamily.kext, but I think after I replace the new one with my old one is when I start having problems, but I'm not sure.

Gonna do yet ANOTHER fresh install and just leave the IOUSBFamily.kext alone and see what happens. I can live without sleep working lol

Thanks for the prefpane, will post results ASAP.

hanadriel 05-13-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57465)

None of the options which you gave me, did not work!
Everyone is having this problem or just me?

hanadriel 05-13-2012 04:54 AM

I found that the authentic iTunes!

anonomys209 05-13-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanadriel (Post 57468)
None of the options which you gave me, did not work!
Everyone is having this problem or just me?

What are you talking about man...? If you follow the instructions he gave it will work perfectly.

anonomys209 05-13-2012 06:04 AM

I really cannot figure out why I'm having these IOHIDSystem errors and QE/CI lags. I've tried the VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext fix, I've tried rolling back my IOHIDFamily.kext, and I've tried just leaving it alone and running off a fresh install.

Anyone else running 10.7.2 having these issues? Anyone able to fix it? Thanks.

delgadilloalex 05-13-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57471)
I really cannot figure out why I'm having these IOHIDSystem errors and QE/CI lags. I've tried the VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext fix, I've tried rolling back my IOHIDFamily.kext, and I've tried just leaving it alone and running off a fresh install.

Anyone else running 10.7.2 having these issues? Anyone able to fix it? Thanks.

try specifying a bus ratio with a flag

busratio=x
x= your prossesor bus ratio frequency

on my phenom if i don't use this i get sound distortion and weird lags
I'm using original first mach_kernel 10.7.3 bronzovka

anonomys209 05-13-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delgadilloalex (Post 57472)
try specifying a bus ratio with a flag

busratio=x
x= your prossesor bus ratio frequency

on my phenom if i don't use this i get sound distortion and weird lags
I'm using original first mach_kernel 10.7.3 bronzovka

How do you properly identify your processor's bus ration frequency? I found an equation somewhere a long time ago and I came up with busratio=15, but I've never really been convinced that this was correct. It's a Phenom II X6 1075T 3.0GHz. Any idea?

Visioneer 05-13-2012 08:52 AM

So maybe I missed something... I spent about an hour or two sifting the last 20 or so pages here and I can't really follow it very easily...

I can install snow leopard 10.6.0 or 10.6.2 or 10.6.3 (all retail) using ModUSB on my system and even get it running updated to 10.6.7/10.6.8 following a nice guide I found. But I don't even know where to start with Lion, and I NEED to get to Lion because it now supports my 6950 card.

I listed my specs earlier but here they are again:

Mobo: Asus Crosshair V Formula (AMD 990)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
GFX: AMD Radeon HD 6950 (w/unlocked shaders but can be bios switched to stock)
Mem: 16gb G.Skill 4x4 1600 9-9-9-24
Sound: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
PSU: Raidmax 850w continuous (though I guess this isn't that relative :P)
Other: 4 HDDs and 1 SSD (SSD is windows install, 3 HDDs are extra storage, 1 HDD is MAC, all are GPT and will show up properly) I also have a 75-1 usb card reader but I usually unplug it when installing Mac. And a simple Asus CD drive that seems to function properly.

Anyways yeah.. I'm pretty lost but I REALLY want to get a "Mac Pro" system running! :D

hanadriel 05-13-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57470)
What are you talking about man...? If you follow the instructions he gave it will work perfectly.

Not worked for me!:-/