InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The "Unofficial" Empire EFI Support Thread (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4836)

bhokuto 12-28-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTIMATI (Post 40395)
i have download the empire EFi iso..unfotunately the booting always restart it self after mounting doned...did i do something wrong...i have retail snow leopard purchased from store $50sgd...

so plz anybody..help...can u guy give a very workin empire efi please..

my spec..
AMD Turion x2
ATi Radeon HD4200
Atheros AR5B93
AR8131 Gigabit Lan
ALC888S

sucessful install with ideneb 10.5.8 with workin soundcard but with weird sound..except wifi,and ethernet not workin..Like to try SL...

i just need very working Empire EFI...!!!

dude you got ripped! It costs 29.00 online from MAC Store

2momo123 12-30-2009 04:24 PM

I have an AMD Turion Processor,and a Nvidia GeForce 8200M Motherboard. I was wondering if there was a version that is compatible with this.

bebgsurg 12-30-2009 09:20 PM

Hackintosh on i7 ASUS P6T Intel X58

Pradeesh,
I have the above hardware. v1.08 gives errors such as Voodoo wont load.
the v1.02 x58 does better, loads fakesmc, but then states 'waiting for boot volume with UUID .....' but appears to move on with ".com.apple.AppleFSCCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded "
finally though I am left with "Still waiting for rood device" which gets repeated forever.
I saw your information suggesting changing the SATA drive in the setup. My hard disk is SATA 1, I don't see how to change it in the BIOS setup.
Any advice?
Thank you

bebgsurg 12-30-2009 10:07 PM

Hackintosh on i7 ASUS P6T Intel X58 part 2

I also tried Boot CD 10-11-12h45.iso (the newest version, beta version) The final error messages are :
USBF: 5.635 AppleUSBUHCI[0X58EC000]::start unable to initialize UIM
Still waiting for root device

These errors occur after I have tried to boot from the Mac OS SL retail disc.

digdugbug 12-31-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsteroyd (Post 40359)
I get the memory allocation error. Should I try the older version?

]Monty[

I had this same issue. I think it is from the cmos checksum error due to booting with an unpatched DSDT. I had to do a power down, cmos reset, re-enable my cmos settings (save these on paper). And the memory allocation problem went away.

MNG 01-06-2010 06:09 PM

@prasys, you said good but nothing after.. does that mean you know what's going on and that you're working on it?

traylor1 01-11-2010 02:32 AM

I need to update EFI files AND make a BOOTABLE disk, but no luck.

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, I did a search, but was unsure of what subject specifically to search for in this case.

I have a dual HDD system with Windows on one and Snow Leopard on the other. I am booting off of the Empire EFI CD.

I have installed a new video card and as a result I have updated com.apple.Boot.plist that I need to modify on my EFI CD. However, now when I take the 2 updated file folders and make them into an ISO file and burn them to a CD, I am not able to boot from the CD, it always goes directly into windows instead of the EFI menu.

What step have I missed? I have used 2 different windows based ISO creators and I am burning the ISO disk using Roxio.

Any advice would be appreciated.

carveboarder13 01-11-2010 03:03 AM

dual boot/guid partitioning help!

Hey- great work...

Couple issues/questions:

I have one internal drive on my sony vaio (i know they can have issues), and I need to install SL on one partition and Win7 on another.

I tried the SL installation on a separate hfs+ journaled partition but it had to be GUID not MBR (as opposed to my kalyway 10.5.2 I had)....and disk utility would not be able to change the partition to GUID w/o altering the whole HD.

What is the best way to install SL so I can run it in a dual boot mode with windows 7? I will have a USB 8 gig stick if that helps, and will have another USB HD handy as well (blank but wish to eventually use it for shared files w/o OS)

Concerns: Installing SL/WIndows in MBR/GUID...I have only one hard drive to create 2 partitions...from my understanding, an entire disk must be MBR or GUID...

I still have the 10.5.2 kalyway disc if its easier to install this way...

Thanks.

Samppaa 01-14-2010 07:58 PM

USB shows as HD

Hey! I tried empire efi 1.08 today, both legacy and normal and it saw the drive as HD. I don't have ACHI mode on my bios if im right. I got AMI bios. So what I should do, got intel core 2 duo processor, nvidia 8800gt. Should I maybe try older version or something?

kazeeee 01-15-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InteliMacPro (Post 40364)
I had great success with the hardware in my sig. Only thing was i had no video using the gtx260 so i had to put in my old 8800gs for the install and then swap in the gtx260 and follow PCwiz's guide to get it working. If we can find a way to get the gtx260 working in vesa for the install it would be awesome. Swapping it out sucks.

hi do you have any suggestion of any other way to install using my gtx260?
after putting in the snow leopard disk and after sometime, my screen turned black.. any solution for this? thanks

InteliMacPro 01-16-2010 01:16 AM

I don't but I've been meaning to get my dsdt and video bios dump to Prasys to try and get it working using the boot disc. I looked into it awhile back but didn't get very far. I'll do that this weekend.

InteliMacPro 01-16-2010 02:58 AM

Ok Prasys, I'm working on that NVEnabler thing. Let me know if you still need that and my dsdt. I'm assuming I need to take out the graphicsenabler option in chameleon to use the enabler, correct? I don't have any other injectors or efi strings that i know of.

Also wanted to add that I tried booting using 1.085 and it shuts my computer down right before the OS loads. FIrst one that hasn't worked for me (other than the gtx260 issue, of course).

hecke92 01-16-2010 03:19 PM

Must I use 10.6 retail or will a 10.6.2 retail also work?

traylor1 01-17-2010 11:16 PM

OK, question....

I need an answer here. Is my following post
a: horribly written
b: am I an idiot for asking, or
c: is it something no one knows the answer to?

I have been posting this question around the net at various sites and can not get a reply from anyone. And I am seriously stuck.

I can burn the modified files onto a CD, it just will never boot when I do.

rt

Quote:

Originally Posted by traylor1 (Post 42800)
I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, I did a search, but was unsure of what subject specifically to search for in this case.

I have a dual HDD system with Windows on one and Snow Leopard on the other. I am booting off of the Empire EFI CD.

I have installed a new video card and as a result I have updated com.apple.Boot.plist that I need to modify on my EFI CD. However, now when I take the 2 updated file folders and make them into an ISO file and burn them to a CD, I am not able to boot from the CD, it always goes directly into windows instead of the EFI menu.

What step have I missed? I have used 2 different windows based ISO creators and I am burning the ISO disk using Roxio.

Any advice would be appreciated.

monsteroyd 01-19-2010 10:43 PM

Either you are making a data cd or the writing software is messing up. I stay clear of roxio anything, but that is just me, Try imgburn from imgburn.com. It worked great for me. an ISO is a disk image, so when you look at the cd after burning, do you see the .iso file? if so, that is a data cd - not what you want. after burning the .iso you should see what was inside the .iso on the cd. Make sense?

]Monty[

traylor1 01-19-2010 11:42 PM

monsteroyd:

Thanks for the reply! This version of Roxio has never steered me wrong, but that isn't to say it isn't this time. I have used imgburn in the past at work and it did do a nice job for me. Let me see how it turns out for me.

To answer your other question, after burning, I see the exact same thing that appears on my working CD, before making changes.

Like I said I will try imgburn and see what I get.

Thanks again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsteroyd (Post 43359)
Either you are making a data cd or the writing software is messing up. I stay clear of roxio anything, but that is just me, Try imgburn from imgburn.com. It worked great for me. an ISO is a disk image, so when you look at the cd after burning, do you see the .iso file? if so, that is a data cd - not what you want. after burning the .iso you should see what was inside the .iso on the cd. Make sense?

]Monty[

traylor1 01-20-2010 02:36 AM

Well I tried imgburn and no go. it boots to the CD, but then stops dead in it's tracks without even starting up Empire EFI.

VisionaryCynic 01-29-2010 04:06 AM

I'm using the "Empire V1.08 (for ATI 48xx series graphics card and nVidia GeForce GTX2xx series along with support for i5/i7 8xx series and P55 chipset)" version of Empire EFI, but I get a kernel panic immediately after all the kexts from the DVD load. Booting with cpus=1 -f -v -x and maxmem=1024 doesn't help at all.

My Specs:
ASUS G60VX
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz
Motherboard Chipset: Intel PM45 (Cantiga-PM) + ICH9M (Enh)
Total Memory Size: 4 GBytes
Video Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M (G92-890)
Video Memory: 1024 MBytes of GDDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Controller: Serial ATA 3Gb/s
Hard Drive Model: Seagate ST9320423AS
Hard Drive Capacity: 305,245 MBytes (320 GB)
Disc Drive Model: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT30N
Disc Drive Controller: Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s
Audio Adapter: Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio [A3]
Network Card: Intel® WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Network Card: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Backpacker 01-29-2010 10:54 AM

Hi there,

I am getting an error message after the installation started and wondering if it has something to do with the Empire Efi version, the BIOS settings or my SL installation disk.

The message is "The installer could not copy the necessary support files".
In the installer log: "Failed to verify BaseSystem.pkg". It tries three times and than abort the installation.
A couple of tries before it stopped at verifying the BSD.pkg package.

Im tried the installation with the DVD, but got only Ebios timeout errors, so now I am using Empire Efi and an USB-stick.

The installation hard drive is partitioned and formatted as it is supposed to be.
I also tried copying the packages to the installation disk myself, but still getting the "failed to verify" message.

I tried the earlier Empire Efi versions but got nowhere with them. Just the latest update (empire efi V1085 for intel core processors) brought me to the installation screen, but not any further. I tried the legacy version too.

I also read that I should remove some RAM and so I did. Tried with 8GB, 6GB, 4GB, 2GB, used different slots and so on - didn´t work.

Here my hardware specs:

Intel® Core 2 Quad Q9400 4x 2,67GHz 6MB Cache 45nm
nVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 512MB
Mainboard ASUS P5QL-Pro Intel P43 Chipsatz ICH10R
22x DVD/RW Duallayer +/- Multi SH-S223
8GB DDR2 800MHz PC2-6400
500GB SATAII NCQ 16MB Cache 7200rpm

I got no idea, where the problem is coming from (DVD, bios settings, empire efi version)???

Does anyone knoe how to go on from here?

Thanks a lot for any input.

Backpacker

InteliMacPro 01-30-2010 07:38 PM

Prasys, I've been using NVEnabler for awhile now and it seems to be working great. I disabled graphics enabler in my extras boot.plist and it is working better with nvenabler. Using graphicsenabler=y my hdmi input wouldn't work, but it does using nvenabler. I now want to create a custom empire efi disk including nvenabler and the new chameleon rc4 with integrated restart/hardware detection etc. I'll be looking into doing that but if somebody can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Also, if anybody has any idea why 1.085 causes my computer to shut down right before the desktop comes up please let me know.

Richdave 01-31-2010 03:05 AM

I am trying to load Snow Leopard on my PC using Empire EFI

I get the EFI screen showing the HDD's, insert OSx disk in drive and press F5 to continue, but nothing happens.

Initially I get icons representing the EFI CD, and my HDD's with W7 and Vista on it but not the blank drive.

Then when I insert the OSx DVD and press F5, after about 2 minutes I get Icons for all the HDD's inc the blank drive but I cannot select the blank drive and the CD icon has disappeared!

any ideas?

didb 01-31-2010 11:10 AM

Legacy EFI | Sudden Reboot

My hardware would be:
* Mainboard | MSI MS-7204 Ver: 1.A
* CPU | Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz
* RAM | 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
* GPU | Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT 512 MB

So, at first I tried the regular V1.08 and I got the sweet "Memory allocation error".
Then I thought, why not try the Legacy Version for once. And, in fact: The boot menue came up successfully and I changed the disk in the drive.
Fenomenal, even that one was regocnized. With full motivation I chose the disk on the screen ... and then ... well ... BAAAAM! ... the PC just simply rebooted. A very warm welcome to Windows XP. Woohooo. Well, that wasn't quite what I expected...

I hope at least someone of you got an idea, how I'd get on.

Greetings,
Dan

Richdave 01-31-2010 12:49 PM

Ok I have progressed a little further... it is all in the timing!!

You MUST wait 10 -20 seconds before loading the SL disk after ejecting the Empire EFI disk.

You MUST wait the 30 -60 seconds before hitting the F5 key after loading the SL disk.

failure to do so caused system hangs requiring reboots

Now I am getting the Mac OS to start loading then gets to a point where its says "still waiting for root device"

I am now trying to tweak the bios to get things to progress...

BTW my system specs are:-

• * Mainboard | GA EP35-DS3R Ver: 2.1
  • * CPU | Intel E8400
  • * RAM | 4 GB Kingston HyperX PC6400
  • * GPU | ATI HD4850 512MB

BigBadBen 02-02-2010 06:20 PM

ok...i almost been able to install with 1.085

the two version for amd of 1.08 did not work for me...(waiting for root device).

im able to partiotion in guid
and install up to a point(the blue blue bar goes up to the middle).
then it stops and says install failed.

from there i dont know how to help you or get the crash report or what ever you need...youll have to have patient and help please.

dday 02-16-2010 03:51 PM

For my dell

Dell Studio XPS 1640 with Radeon HD 3670
Core 2 Duo P8600 (2,4GHz - 3Mb - FSB 1066 MHz)
RAM 6 Gb DDR3 1066 MHz - HDD 320 Gb - DVD +/- R/RW DL
VGA ATI HD 3670 512 Mb Dedicated - LCD 16 ”
WIFI N - LAN - WEBCAM - eSATA - HDMI - MIC

which empire efi version can you recomand me?

MNG 02-17-2010 11:37 PM

where is he?

where is Prasys? my last post was more than a month ago, but yet there is no news of this guy.. and since then, there have been more people with their problems.. where are you Prasys? we need you..
if he's not around, then does any one else know how to solve the "Still waiting for boot device" error?

Richdave 02-18-2010 04:47 AM

Waiting for root device error only affects married HDD's... :D

Make sure you have AHCI set in your bios... Pretty sure that resolved my "waiting for root device" error but cause BSOD with my Win installs..

had to "fix" that with a registry edit... post if you need details

I now have a bootable SL OS but no sound, sleep lock ups, and basic VGA resolution... still working on it though.

dnguyen1022 02-26-2010 05:50 PM

Hello guys, first time poster here. So I attempted to install SL10.62 using EFI Empire 1.85RC2 and the x58-patched version 1.06. I've tabbed after detecting the disk, and added GraphicsEnabler=Y PciRoot=0 on the 1.85, and also tried -pci0 with the 1.06 x58-patched. However both disks gives me the same results. I also enabled AHCI.

At the end, I get an error message stating:
"Patched DMI Table
ACPI Table not Found: DSDT.aml
Starting Darwin x86
Press any Key to Continue...."

Upon pressing that I get to a screen..attached picture link...

It would be great if you could help me!

Thanks!

System:
EVGA x58 SLI
Intel i7 920
EVGA GTX260

dorenthe 03-11-2010 08:12 PM

same thing like dnguyen1022 !

but I'd tried the " Empire EFI V1.085 R2 (For Intel laptops with Intel onboard graphics card such as GMA 950 , GMA X3100 and as well as for desktop computers with problematic nvidia graphics card (i.e 2xx series) and ATI graphics card) " as well !

I got this -> NO DSDT found using 0 as id value
efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata
Loaded HFS+ file [Extra/smbios.plist] 416 bytesfrom 42521fo
Patched DMI table.
NO DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI dara as is.
Starting Darwin x86
Press en key to continue....

followed by an instant reboot !

Intel I7 920
EX58 Gigabyte UD5 F7
Ati Radeon 4870

TheEdge_ 03-16-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorenthe (Post 46139)
same thing like dnguyen1022 !

but I'd tried the " Empire EFI V1.085 R2 (For Intel laptops with Intel onboard graphics card such as GMA 950 , GMA X3100 and as well as for desktop computers with problematic nvidia graphics card (i.e 2xx series) and ATI graphics card) " as well !

I got this -> NO DSDT found using 0 as id value
efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata
Loaded HFS+ file [Extra/smbios.plist] 416 bytesfrom 42521fo
Patched DMI table.
NO DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI dara as is.
Starting Darwin x86
Press en key to continue....

I get the same error and i am using the amd version of empire efi

wetzelskid 04-08-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InteliMacPro (Post 43122)
Also wanted to add that I tried booting using 1.085 and it shuts my computer down right before the OS loads. FIrst one that hasn't worked for me (other than the gtx260 issue, of course).

I tried empire EFI per your suggestion in the other thread, using the latest one on his site (1.085) and I get this exact problem. Seems to install fine (I do get the install failed but that's supposed to happen), then when I restart and boot from the disc and select my installed HD, it says some stuff and shuts down the computer.

edit:

that said, GraphicsEnabler=Y PciRoot=0 does let me use my gtx260 to run the installer.

Also I just realized I tried with the standard release instead of the R2. Going to try the R2 now.

InteliMacPro 04-08-2010 02:44 AM

yeah i had that problem with 1.085 pre R2.

wetzelskid 04-08-2010 07:12 AM

R2 worked, I managed to successfully install SL.

Now I'm having a helluva time getting it to boot normally. I tried to switch my refresh rate in System Preferences to 120hz (I have a 120hz monitor which is great but not so much if it won't be using 120hz), but when I clicked to apply the screen went all crazy with static and I had to reboot. Now it will only boot from Empire EFI in safe mode.

I have installed Chameleon rc4 and I can get it to start booting from the HD, but it hangs at something about AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT, sometimes adding NVDA50 something or other.

So for now I am stuck booting in safe mode from a CD but at least it's running.

InteliMacPro 04-08-2010 07:34 AM

Yeah I'd leave it at 60hz. I think it mentions it in the first post but there's a site called kexts.com or something like that where you can find a kext to get your internet working.not sure why it's giving you a kp unless you installed conflicting kexts. Internet worked oob on mine, but I needed a lexy to get bonjour working. If you installed a networking kext try it again with vanilla and see if it kp's on you. Safe mode's a good start though. Nice work.

se7ensmatrix1216 04-15-2010 04:08 AM

Hello Everyone!

First time poster here and wow, I have never felt like such a noob before in my life.

System Specs:
AMD Phenom II 965 BE C3 (OC: 3.6 GHZ)
MSI 790FX-GD70
Crucial Ballistix 1600 MHz @ 7-7-7-21-28-1T
2 OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD (Running W7)
1 WD Caviar Black (4 Partitions - Primary Mac Dedicated)
2 ATI HD 4890 in CrossfireX x16

First off, I'm not even sure how to begin my process here. I've downloaded Empire EFI, and several kexts as have been suggested for my setup, but that's about as far as it gets.

When I burn the ISO onto a disk, and I run EFI. Loads, put in my retail 10.6 disk, Darwin loads, then, almost instantly I get kernel panic.

Quote:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A8FFD): Kernel trap at 0x0019a8c2,type 14=page fault
Quote:

debugger called: <panic>
backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
I am pretty much at a stand still. I cannot install at all, once the installer SHOULD load, it shuts down and gives me this instead. I'm really lost, and if anyone would be willing to assist me, please send me a PM. I would greatly appreciate it!

flightsim 04-18-2010 05:52 AM

I have a laptop with:
GT240M
I7 720
6gb ram

I try and use the 1.085r2 for the nvidia cards, but no luck, only restarts following the press any key to continue. Any suggestions?

MNG 04-27-2010 10:12 PM

still waiting for root device

i tried a lot with this Empire Efi but nothing worked for me, i tried v1.08, v1.085 and even the modified tuned version for x58 motherboards but still no result
when i say no result, i mean it gets stuck with a message that says:
'Still waiting for root device'
'Still waiting for root device'
etc
etc
anyone have any idea what to do here? i'm stumped :mad:

se7ensmatrix1216 05-02-2010 04:57 AM

Noone here has any answers. I've come to find most of these "help" sites are pretty worthless.

k3r3nsk7 05-18-2010 07:36 PM

Hello,

I'm installing OS:X with Empire Efi and when it finally is at 100 % it says it can't restart the disk and that I have to manually use StartUp disk tool.

In this tool I get this error:

The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk

anyone ideas or suggestions?

Katori 05-23-2010 01:32 PM

I'm using the latest one (the second AMD version on the page) and a 10.6 retail install DVD on a Phenom II X4 940, with 8gb of RAM. I'm getting a kernel panic. EmpireEFI works fine but when I put my disk in and boot it up it goes to a kernel panic without any kind of graphical screen. Here's a picture of the screen (phone camera, sorry). What can I do?

jznomoney 05-24-2010 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also have a phenom II 940 BE with 4gb of ram on a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H mb. I have my mb set to ahci mode with a sata dvd drive. I have PATA disabled in the bios. I am getting this error. I used the 1.085r2 of empire efi. Once I press any key after empire efi is ready to launch from the 10.6 installation disc i get this error.

50chevy 05-31-2010 10:53 PM

Praysys, Thanks for putting out empire efi. Really appreciate it.

I am using the 10.85r2 i7 version of Empire EFI.

All is working for me.Originally built my system with a ide dvd drive and could not boot. empire efi boots fine for me via sata and usb dvd.

Here are the specs.

MB:
Gigabyte GA-EX58A-UD3R Rev1.0 (BIOS F3) PSU: Antec EarthWatts 500 Case: 4u RackMount CPU: Intel Core i7 930 (2.93 GHz) + Zalman CPNS 9700 NIC: On Board
RAM: 6 x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 GPU: GeForce GTS250 1024mb
Bootloader: EmpireEFI OS: 10.6.3 Kexts: (/E/E -> fakesmc framebufferdisabler legacyappleRTC_32bit_only nullcpupowermanagerment openhaltrestart PlatformUUID) (/S/L/E -> None) DSDT: (not yet)

hagakure123 06-22-2010 06:07 PM

AMD Turion

Anyone had luck using Emire EFI with an AMD Turion?

Thanks

lachesis:) 06-22-2010 06:18 PM

HP DV4 1301TX - installing halfway 29min FAIL

Hi guys ,

i am using empire efi , i have tried all the versions of empire efi for Core 2 duo
( Total of 4)
including the legacy , i have used much CDs!

Specifications :

HP DV4 1301TX
4GB DDR2 RAM
G105 NIVIDIA GRAPHICS
CORE 2 DUO 2.4GHZ

Bios :
insyde Bios (does not allow me to change HDD setting from SATA to AHCI mode- NOT SURE IF THIS STEP IS NEEDED)

no problem booting SL DVD ,
PROBLEM : when installing halfway the installation just hangs and told me it fails , i can hear the disc drive not spinning anymore , after 1/8 of the bar has loaded
please help me thanks :)

slyb2 06-29-2010 06:43 PM

hi guys,

I already have one hackintosh with empire efi and now would like "emperify" my acer revo too.
Unfortunately I don`t have an external dvd reader &I don`t know how too boot empire efi from usb...
I`ve tried to follow these instructions but with no succes..
after I restore Empire efi to the partition I can`t get it to boot.
the diskutil list shows like this:
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *320.1 GB disk0
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS snow 42.4 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_HFS seven 36.8 GB disk0s3
4: Apple_HFS store 240.3 GB disk0s4
/dev/disk1
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *8.1 GB disk1
1: Apple_HFS Empire EFI 100.0 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Mac OS X Install DVD 8.0 GB disk1s2

How can I do it???

Pippinfrog 06-29-2010 11:15 PM

Hi, I'm currently having problems with installing Leopard / Snow Leopard via Empire Efi. When i'm told to press any key to continue it goes in but the dvd drive doesn't start up and after some time it shows "still looking for root device". I've tried to connect the drive to different SATA ports but i still get "waiting for root device" and it doesnt start to read the disk.

I've also tried booting from a PATA drive but doesn't work either, also tried to turn on and off AHCI mode but to no help.

Motherboard is Gigabyte EP45-DS3 with Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

Any solution on how to get it to work?

Thanks.

t0ad99 07-20-2010 03:55 AM

this is what I'm running

MB: M2N68-LA
AMD 64 x2 dual core 4400+ 2.3GHZ
PCI Gforce 8600 GTS
3gig Memory
need more just ask...

I loaded Empire EFI 10.6.3
I'm using a retail snowleo 10.6.3 usb flash install image

I get all the way up to the Language selection, my mouse moves but nothing happens when I click the next button, or enter.. it just sits there.

The mouse is using USB and keyboard is ps2. I am going to try another run today replacing my keyboard with a usb one.

XCalvin 07-20-2010 09:02 PM

i already have retail snow leopard and the amd empire efi.
when i choose install osx its goes to the loading screen and just keeps loading i left it on all night and it was the same.
how can i fix this?

t0ad99 07-21-2010 04:34 PM

Recently with a legacy empire efi I have been able to get to the install screen but my hard drive is not present for install, nor is it present in disk utilitiy.

I think my mb/proc combo isn't a great candidate for this. So I'm thinking of replacing the motherboard/proc.

any suggestions on a hardware combo I can pick up from pricewatch ?

thanks!

toml_12953 07-22-2010 01:55 PM

EmpireEFI Site Gone?

I haven't been able to get on the EmpireEFI site for a few days. Is it going to reopen soon?

Tom L