InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] EVGA X58 Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J567) Installation (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3854)

xxxslayeriiixxx 10-08-2010 11:55 PM

Where did you plug it in? the red sata ports? if you did just turn it on in BIOS

cpress 10-09-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxslayeriiixxx (Post 51075)
Where did you plug it in? the red sata ports? if you did just turn it on in BIOS

The drive was plugged in SATA0 (black) I moved it to the red port on the side of the board and it worked! Thank you!

Now another question: Is there a way to get my PS/2 keyboard working? I installed the voodoops2controler and am not able to use it.

xxxslayeriiixxx 10-09-2010 12:55 PM

it should work right away without any extra kext. idk whats happening to your keyboard

snake4life 10-10-2010 02:35 AM

hey msinfo or airwalk you posted a dsdt change on page24 for the Audio 889 chip if I change the part in my dsdt to yours does I need any legacyHDA or modified AppleHDA kext in my extra or S/L/E folder to get sound work?, Im using atm voodooHDA kext in S/L/E but my SPDIF output supports only 2 channels not 5.1 any solution to get 5.1 work? I tried out in audio-Midi-support program but 5.1 is disabled -.-

Is there anyway to get the Fanspeed of my GTX260 from EVGA (its the SuperSuperClocked edition) to control?

(((is my english acceptable?)))

msinfo_us 10-10-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake4life (Post 51085)
hey msinfo or airwalk you posted a dsdt change on page24 for the Audio 889 chip if I change the part in my dsdt to yours does I need any legacyHDA or modified AppleHDA kext in my extra or S/L/E folder to get sound work?, Im using atm voodooHDA kext in S/L/E but my SPDIF output supports only 2 channels not 5.1 any solution to get 5.1 work? I tried out in audio-Midi-support program but 5.1 is disabled -.-

Is there anyway to get the Fanspeed of my GTX260 from EVGA (its the SuperSuperClocked edition) to control?

(((is my english acceptable?)))

Your English is fine :)

Yes, you'll need Legacy889HDA.kext and original AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2.

There are a number of ways to get 5.1 over SPDIF. For example: Soundflower.
The easiest is probably just to install Plex and enable digital out in Plex system pref. (If you don't use Plex already try it. It is arguably one of the best media center solutions out there)
I am sure there are more ways to do it. Google is your friend.

Try this link for your Video card/fan question http://www.projectosx.com/forum/inde...showtopic=1246 and http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=228757&st=118

terrybogard 10-11-2010 05:18 AM

Everyone will have to excuse me, since I seem completely dense over taking on this task.

I have the retail Apple DVD, but looking at the guide on page 1 loses me from the first link. Am I able to just use my roommates Macbook Pro & install OSX to a Hardrive via enclosure or do I need to 1) download 10.5.2 2) Find the combo updates somehow & update them 3) once I get to 10.5.7 somehow, start using this guide?

I'm unfortunately am plague by being a specific person & am lost on which guide im using or what disks & etc. The other guide doesn't even have links, I understand google is my friend, but I need a more definite process of starting this. I know I can do it, I just need to be placed on the right path.

Overall if I can just use my roommates Macbook Pro & hook a enclosure HD up to it, that be great. I guess if I can, I just install the HD, install the DVD & start from this guide & download the needed items to be installed on the enclosure HD. If I read the other guide correctly!

edit:

Almost forgot system info:

I am wanting to get a Hackintosh on a:
eVGA X58 Micro
i920 processor
Corsair Dominator 6GB
8800GT eVGA 512mb card (apparently a decent choice starting out for this stuff)

Thanks all in advance for the help.

xxxslayeriiixxx 10-11-2010 07:33 AM

im not entirely sure but it should work installing it through an enclosure via macbook pro. just remember to install chameleon in the right drive path (the enclosure).

terrybogard 10-11-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxslayeriiixxx (Post 51098)
im not entirely sure but it should work installing it through an enclosure via macbook pro. just remember to install chameleon in the right drive path (the enclosure).

Think I will give it a shot straight from my PC. I'll just download all the combo updates from the apple support site & get it to 10.5.7 & follow the guide from there & here. Guess I'll let you know by tomorrow night how this turns out. Thanks

edit:

If I do decide to use my roommate's Macbook Pro that he just got that has the newest 10.6.4 update, should I skip the 10.5.7 section & just install Leopard on the drive I plan on using, then from there plug it into my system & move ahead with the rest of the installation?

xxxslayeriiixxx 10-11-2010 09:08 PM

if you use your roommates macbook pro just install snow leopard on the enclosure.

snake4life 10-14-2010 04:41 PM

thanks msinfo_us, Plex is awesome the 5.1 sounds so great thanks you very much =)