InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin timed out... Help? (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=6415)

TheLochNessMobster 07-28-2010 05:58 AM

ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin timed out... Help?

1 Attachment(s)
after installing Mac OS X and inserting various essential kexts such as NullCPUpowermanagement into system/library/extensions, I get this error:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :start - waitforservice(resourcematching(appleintelcpupower management) timed out...
And It just stops there indefinitely.
I attatched a picture below, some help would be fantastic!

My PC:
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe v2
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz
Graphics: Evga Nvidia GTX 470

TheLochNessMobster 07-29-2010 12:35 AM

Just a little help... I have been stuck with this problem for two weeks.

TheLochNessMobster 07-30-2010 11:36 PM

Anyone?

*Sigh*

eMatoS 07-31-2010 02:57 AM

The problem is something else for sure, but I can't figure it out by that capture, that message is common on unsupported platforms.
Code:

Jul 30 16:35:07 iMac kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Jul 30 16:35:07 iMac kernel[0]: WARNING: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin - getCPUIDInfo unknown CPU family: family 0xf, model 0x2f
Jul 30 16:35:07 iMac kernel[0]: -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

First you could try booting in safe boot mode (-x in chameleon), so you can see if it's related to some kext you installed, maybe the nvenabler? (just guessing)

EDIT: take a look at this thread, It's about fermi support but there are instructions to enable the geforce 400 series in osx.

TheLochNessMobster 07-31-2010 06:33 AM

Awesome, I will look into that other and get back to ya... Thanks!

TheLochNessMobster 07-31-2010 07:24 AM

Ok, after booting into safe mode, I was greeted by a couple pleasant warnings about corrupt/erroneous kexts, including the infamous appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext. But then I restarted, to look back at the boot with -v, and I haven't seen them again... Though I noticed (Of course) that the above time out error still appeared, but not hindering the boot process. Interesting.
Would it be okay to install the Fermi 4xx drivers in OS X while in safe mode, Or should I just focus on getting Nvenabler to work with it?

eMatoS 07-31-2010 04:13 PM

You should try to follow that post, cause I don't think the kexts included in the latest update support the geforce400 series. The issue you had with the kexts not loading is probably because you need to redo the kext cache and repair permissions. Try this tool for that purpose.
About the timed out error, you shouldn't worry at all, I get that every time it boots. Also If you're gonna use the graphics enabler from chameleon, remember to delete the nvenabler kext. Good luck!

suzuki 09-26-2012 04:41 PM

------------------------------
SZK tip:
for MSI vr602 install:
------------------------------
1)
BIOS :
AHCI -> [Disabled]
(otherwise, the aforementioned error occurs upon the USB boot :
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :start - waitforservice(resourcematching(appleintelcpupower management) timed out...)

2)

Boot option : PCIRootUID=0 -v
or
PCIRootUID=1 -v