InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Leopard 10.5 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Possible solutions for "Still waiting for root device" (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1467)

Krypto 04-22-2010 09:49 PM

My hard drive and my DVD drive is IDE..could that be the problem?

Breathless 04-22-2010 10:39 PM

absolutely.

Get yourself a Sata Hard drive at least. The CD-Rom doesn't matter

Krypto 04-22-2010 10:53 PM

Why would the hard drive matter in anyway or form...

Breathless 04-22-2010 10:59 PM

my guess is that command may be specifically looking for a sata drive - on a sata controller.

Krypto 04-22-2010 11:07 PM

That makes no sense..because I'm booting from a DVD drive..not a hard drive..It says Still waiting for root device..because it's trying to find where or which host it booted it from..which is the DVD! Even if I boot it without even plugging in my hard drive..it still says the "Still waiting for root device.." So the hard drive is out of the question!

Cheers..

Breathless 04-22-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krypto (Post 47657)
That makes no sense..because I'm booting from a DVD drive..not a hard drive..It says Still waiting for root device..because it's trying to find where or which host it booted it from..which is the DVD! Even if I boot it without even plugging in my hard drive..it still says the "Still waiting for root device.." So the hard drive is out of the question!

Cheers..

Then you've got it figured out then

Krypto 04-22-2010 11:59 PM

Ok there buddy. I figured it out..but the Computer didn't. If you're not gonna help then you might as well just shut the ---- up ok?

Breathless 04-23-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krypto (Post 47661)
Ok there buddy. I figured it out..but the Computer didn't. If you're not gonna help then you might as well just shut the ---- up ok?

seems to me i've been the only one helping you. Have fun

Krypto 04-23-2010 01:10 AM

Heh..This IS the only fun part here..Tryin' to make it work,
And please don't say that you've been helping me, 'Cause you haven't helped me for shit..so you might as well shut the ---- up now..Especially if you don't understand shit..

Breathless 04-23-2010 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krypto (Post 47663)
Heh..This IS the only fun part here..Tryin' to make it work,
And please don't say that you've been helping me, 'Cause you haven't helped me for shit..so you might as well shut the ---- up now..Especially if you don't understand shit..

and yet, somehow, the "one who doesn't know crap" has several perfectly working hackintoshes, both AMD and Intel, and they all had this issue except for one. How many do you have up and running?

BTW, your logic is backwards. Since you say that after unplugging your drive it still says it.. that's because it doesn't see it - just the same way it doesn't see it when its plugged in. You have to tell it where it is, and that's what that flag does. ITS NOT SEEING YOUR HARD DRIVE. Get yourself a SATA drive, then do what I said - then hopefully the stick will fall out of your butt when you realize that what I said is what will get your system working.