InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

L8nitehackin 09-11-2009 06:59 AM

no luck with -f

Quote:

Originally Posted by JShubert683 (Post 34363)
I have audio, all I did was reboot twice both times with -v -f -F. I am also using the new rc3 of chameleon. My install of SL with basically the old boot 123 way using the required kexts and got a full vanilla install with no issues without even installing through 10.5. So I would say try out the new rc3 and reboot doing -v -f -F and the kext util to repair all extens

Thanks for the suggestions guys.. but still no luck. I removed caches, rebuilt kexts, DSDT does have HDEF, etc... but all is silent.. well except my words of discouragement to myself. For what it's worth, whenever I use -f on restarts, I get KP's at the OS X login screen. I didn't think we needed to force a rebuild of kext's if we generated mkext files to begin with? But I've only read about a million posts over the last few "daze" so all could be blending together and I'm getting confused?!

May try voodoo option as suggested as I have read successes w/that. Might even try rc3 of Chameleon over the weekend since still don't have Chameleon on my main SL partition as it would hang up on installation.

Again... everything else works great in 64bit mode... it's just to quiet! LOL

sk1nhd33t 09-11-2009 07:27 AM

@ L8nitehackin

if you are sure HDEF is in your dsdt then please try the ff:

- copy the legacy kext in your extra extensions (could be the one from voyn1x of the 2 kext on the first post)
- launch terminal
- sudo -s then enter your password
- rm-r /System/Library/Caches/*
- chown -R root:wheel [drag your Extra/Extensions here]
- chmod -R 755 [drag your Extra/Extensions here]
- kextcache -v 1 -m [drag your Extra/Extensions but add .mkext in the end] [drag your Extra/Extensions] [drag your System/Library/Extensions] then press enter
- reboot

test if you have audio by choosing internal speaker on the output tab, if you still dont have audio then voodoohda it is :-|

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3260/...90911at223.png

MonkeyDLuffy 09-11-2009 12:37 PM

Man, you're lucky the only problem you have is audio. I can't even install 10.6 in my setup :(

I don't really know what I'm missing, I've trying several methods but can't get it to work.

Mine can't even boot in -x32 kernel flag.

Could it be that I have 1 stick of 2gb memory? As one poster mentioned earlier?

I tried different kinds of BIOS settings. Oh Btw, sk1nhd33t thanks for posting your BIOS config.

This is just sad :( I'm really hoping that I can experience the "Snow Leoapard" feel soon. I really don't have an idea what it looks like.

joel_ezekiel 09-11-2009 07:46 PM

Hi, I've just got a lovely rev.2 board so i could get my second hackintosh up and running after selling my old one and getting a macbook and then deciding that i wanted a desktop again.

As you know the rev.2 board doesnt have realtek network, first gigabyte board ive seen without one... just my luck. Anyway i went and brought myself an AU$18 TP-Link card with an 8169sc chip on it (i think). Anyway i installed the card and everythong, bonjour, gigabit, etc. works with included drivers from apple. I just finnished setting up 10.5.8 and am having some issues getting sound working, ive managed to get it to work with some hda kexts but the sound is horrible, everything sounds wrong and muffled.

So i havent set up snow leopard yet which is what will be what im using in the end after im done, so i cant check the sound with that. But i was thinking, it only cost me 18 dollars for perfect network, is there a good sound card or even usb sound card that i could get thats as good as the onboard sound (when working properly) for a low low price that would be a much better option?

Thanks for the guides you guys have put up here anyway, has been great help deciding the hardware for this hackintosh, board works very well and was cheap enough for my wife not to kill me :D.

L8nitehackin 09-11-2009 09:01 PM

Dsdt.. Hdef

@sk1nhd33t

I did verify HDEF is listed in DSDT. Now as to whether or not that means I'm ok just because I see it remains to be seen. But I did use the one I got from the first page of this thread with no modifications.. perhaps that's my issue? I've read where you can patch it... but need to research further and see if that would help? I even tried to generate EFI string for HDEF and put in my com.apple.Boot.plist... but still nothing.

Anyway... I'm at a loss as I did go through all your steps and don't seem to be any closer to hearing music?! As I mentioned, sound works flawlessly in 10.5.8.. but I cannot select any device in System preferences / Sound in my SL install. Arrgh..

I've even managed to successfully install 10.5.8 on my Nvidia chipset system which was much more difficult than the gigabyte 10.5.8. ( but haven't tried to put SL on that board yet )

Just as a side note... I have a USB speaker system from Logitech that I decided to plug in just for the heck of it.. and of course it shows up immediately in sound preferences and works great. Now, something else that I haven't tried that may be a possible conflict is I do have a creativesound card installed in one of my PCI slots. I use it when I boot from XP as it's full blown surround for games, movies, etc... perhaps that may be causing some conflicts with my onboard sound? But again.. no issues in 10.5.8.

It's time to take a break for awhile and maybe jump back with a clear mind later. Thnx for everyone's input....

MonkeyDLuffy 09-11-2009 09:07 PM

Hey,

I'm making progress. I can now boot with -x32 -v BUT I can only see a grey screen. I can hover the mouse, not like it is frozen, but that is it. It is just stuck at the grey screen.

What could this be? Anyone?

MonkeyDLuffy 09-12-2009 03:57 AM

Wow, I made it work.

I used all the kext that can be download from this thread and just used the Unofficial Installer of Chameleon RC3 that Dr. Hurt made. That's it! Now I have a fully working Snow Leo! It looks awesome. I'm not yet sure it is stable yet. Doing some testings.

Darn! My Zydas USB wireless doesn't work! :( I can't find any drivers

L8nitehackin 09-12-2009 04:56 AM

kudos to you

Well congrats to you MonkeyDLuffy! When you discover stuff on your own, it only makes you better. Me.. I'm starting to figure it out as well.. just a few weeks ago I attempted my first OS X adventures and now I know enuff to be really dangerous! LOL As do you it sounds like. Speaking of.. still no sound with my built in mobo audio and I've pretty much tried everything that should have worked. ( but am listening to music via my USB Logitech speaker system )

My next attempt will probably be to just buy another hard drive, ( so as not to mess up this 99% SL working install ), and try the newer Chameleon RC3 method.

Anyway.. congrats on your success!

One question to those that may have dual boot systems ... I have another hard drive in my computer that is formatted NTFS that I use for overall data storage ( music, photos, etc... and share with my XP OS ) I point Itunes to use that data ( w/o importing into it's own folder ) to use for playback. One thing I notice.. it's sloooooooow on processing data. Same holds true when just pulling up Disk Utility... it seems to bog down while it polls the system looking for that drive. Without that NTFS formatted drive plugged in, Disk Util pops up quickly. Anyone else experience that? I don't think it's as slow with Leopard, so could be part of my kext setup??? Ahhh... a month ago I had never even heard of that word! LOL

someguy360 09-12-2009 12:34 PM

Anyone got the audio issue fixed yet?

L8nitehackin 09-12-2009 03:32 PM

Audio.. or lack thereof..

I'm still quiet in regards to onboard audio, and have relegated myself to enjoy my hackintosh for awhile using the usb speaker system. There as to be some difference in my hardware from others that are experiencing success as I've tried all suggestions.. and even a complete removal / reinstall of SL and for the life of me cannot get my mobo sound to show up as an option.

I'm gonna mess around and see if there are other glitches I haven't discovered yet before diving back into audio. For now, I'm only seeing a slow down in response on my NTFS formatted hard drive when accessing through SL disk utility. It took forever for Itunes to organize my catalog and generate artwork from that drive.

Sorry, not much to offer in terms of assistance at this point in time.. will update if I uncover something. Good luck...