InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

someguy360 09-18-2009 09:25 AM

Anyone else getting random kernel panics.

It would say that the app has caused the kernel panic (usually happens after half an hour of use or so)

e.g pages, adium, mail etc etc.

It only happens when booted with -x32 (i would use -x64 but then I have no sound)

Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

sk1nhd33t 09-20-2009 01:09 PM

updated the guide to include automatic sleep fix (link at page 1) and netkas PC EFI 10.3 (pls get it at netkas blog)..

finally automatic time sleep, tested it a few times and so far so good. Thanks zeddys for sharing the fix :rolleyes: it's been a long wait but on my end automatic sleep cease to function from 10.5.7-10.6.1 until today..

someguy360 09-21-2009 02:54 AM

Can anyone help me?

I have this little issue.

On the boot.plist file on my USB I have the -x32 flag set and when I boot into OS X via the USB it works fine.

But with the charmeleon installed on my HDD it always boots into the 64 bit kernal. I have tried editing the boot.plist file on my HDD and using the -x32 flag before booting into OS X and neither work.

Anyone know why this is happening?

ariadri 09-21-2009 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someguy360 (Post 35405)
Can anyone help me?

I have this little issue.

On the boot.plist file on my USB I have the -x32 flag set and when I boot into OS X via the USB it works fine.

But with the charmeleon installed on my HDD it always boots into the 64 bit kernal. I have tried editing the boot.plist file on my HDD and using the -x32 flag before booting into OS X and neither work.

Anyone know why this is happening?

use
arch=i386 on boot or in your boot.plist

sk1nhd33t 09-21-2009 05:17 AM

to boot in 32bit kernel

Chameleon = arch=i386
PC EFI = -x32
new PC EFI v10.3 = -x32 or arch=i386, both of them work :)

sisiphus 09-21-2009 07:59 AM

another board

hi, i have Leopard10.5.7 (iatkos) installed in one partition of one drive (i have 3 sata hdd) and i want to upgrade to Snow Leopard and install on other hdd...iīve been trying this for almost 4 days with no success. Basically i followed the 2 most common procedures:
OSInstall.mpkg and USB flashdrive methods and nothing but KP's.
Because i donīt have at this moment an 8 gb usb flashdrive i substituted it with other partition on the same target drive of Snow...KP's allover as expected, then i tried using an external hdd as a substitute of the flashdrive...more KP's.
So i'm wondering if your guide is specifically for your board? Is your dsdt specifically for your board?
Don't you think the external hdd should function as a usb flashdrive?
I have an intel board DP965LT (Q8200, 4 gb of ddr2 800 MHZ and a 9600 gt).
Leopard is full functional.
I really would like to know this, if possible, before i buy an 8 gb thumbdrive .
thanks a lot.

ariadri 09-21-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sisiphus (Post 35427)
hi, i have Leopard10.5.7 (iatkos) installed in one partition of one drive (i have 3 sata hdd) and i want to upgrade to Snow Leopard and install on other hdd...iīve been trying this for almost 4 days with no success. Basically i followed the 2 most common procedures:
OSInstall.mpkg and USB flashdrive methods and nothing but KP's.
Because i donīt have at this moment an 8 gb usb flashdrive i substituted it with other partition on the same target drive of Snow...KP's allover as expected, then i tried using an external hdd as a substitute of the flashdrive...more KP's.
So i'm wondering if your guide is specifically for your board? Is your dsdt specifically for your board?
Don't you think the external hdd should function as a usb flashdrive?
I have an intel board DP965LT (Q8200, 4 gb of ddr2 800 MHZ and a 9600 gt).
Leopard is full functional.
I really would like to know this, if possible, before i buy an 8 gb thumbdrive .
thanks a lot.

well in order to help you, pictures might be very helpful

Stoerte 09-21-2009 05:27 PM

Chameleon HD installation problem

Hi,

i could follow the instructions from sk1nhd33t till the point "Back on Leopard". The installation of SL went well. So after that, I attached my "new" SL-SATA-harddrive to my MBP (with Leopard on it) with an USB-Adapter to install Chameleon. But everytime i try to install Chameleon, the installation-process is stalling. I think the "Core" is installed correctly but the installer can't write the receipts. I get this protocoll error:
Code:

Sep 21 18:15:02 f048144113 runner[387]: Extracting BOM from "/Users/wrenger/Downloads/snow/Chameleon:EFI/Chameleon-2-1.0-r431.pkg" to "/Volumes/Hackintosh/Library/Receipts/boms/org.chameleon.core.bom"
I have no idea what's going wrong, because i could write chameleon from my MBP to the thumb drive.

My hardware:

1. MBP 13 (still Leopard on it)
2. PC with G31M-ES2L, E5200, 4GB.....

Hope someone can help.

Greets

sk1nhd33t 09-21-2009 06:05 PM

@Stoerte

install it manually instead or google dr. hurt's RC3.pkg and use it together with netkas new PC EFI v10.3.

edit:

here's a very easy to follow guide to manually install Chameleon , just replace PC EFI boot file on step 8.

dowload the binaries here: RC1

Stoerte 09-21-2009 07:48 PM

thx a lot, i'll try it. :D