InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

Stoerte 09-21-2009 11:14 PM

Onboard-graphic

Thanks again. It worked. My Hackintosh is running and updated (10.6.1). Onboard network-card is working. The only negative point is the onboard-graphic-(card). Is there any kext or EFI-String for it?

deanjuanbanks 09-22-2009 01:49 AM

Help with Sound

Hello,
I am trying to get my sound work on my hackintosh.
I have a ES2L board and everything is working except the sound (this board is rev1.1)

I used lifehackers guide(http://lifehacker.com/5360150/instal...cking-required)

Should I have not installed this way?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Xenomorph 09-22-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk1nhd33t (Post 35459)
@Stoerte

install it manually instead or google dr. hurt's RC3.pkg and use it together with netkas new PC EFI v10.3.

edit:

here's a very easy to follow guide to manually install Chameleon , just replace PC EFI boot file on step 8.

dowload the binaries here: RC1

Why do people keep linking to RC1? RC2 and RC3 have been released. I believe I've been using RC3. Is there something RC1 does better?

ariadri 09-22-2009 06:09 AM

netkas stated that rc1 is more compatible to older motherboards, so chances are you're safer with rc1

sk1nhd33t 09-22-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenomorph (Post 35515)
Why do people keep linking to RC1? RC2 and RC3 have been released. I believe I've been using RC3. Is there something RC1 does better?

either of the 3 will work including PC EFI, the reason that i didnt use RC3 in this tutorial is because im having multiple sound assertion (about 10+ of them), boots fine though and audio loads the same way as RC1 but i dont want seeing it when i boot in verbose. using PC EFI 10.3 now BTW and loving it.

im assuming you use a different board?

BlaSTiWi 09-22-2009 02:00 PM

@sk1nhd33t

I started to use the Netkas 10.3 EFI & also the newest fakesmc kext everything working as before but my system profile didn't show like yours ... my PCI list is empty ... and I have to switch back to use EFI string for my nVidia (8400gs) in order to get other resolutions to show up otherwise only 1024x768. I've cleaned up my boot.plist like yours too.

My board is r2.0 so I'm using RTL8139 based PCI ethernet so kinda expected it may not show up on the PCI list but the video card should, no?

Tkx!

sk1nhd33t 09-22-2009 03:35 PM

@BlaSTiWi

dont know why it suddenly shows but that's just what i did, change to EFI 10.3 + RC3 and add this on my boot.plist as exactly on the p1 screenshot.

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>

it's purely cosmetic though so either EFI strings or the built in injector will do as long as it works :)

dooododoo 09-22-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk1nhd33t (Post 31605)

@snow glad that it now worked for you and my guide help a bit. chao!

edit: BTW USB installer boots and install fine on 64bit using this board.

@sk1nhd33t Are you saying that I should disregard snow's instructions whenever it mentions booting in "-v -x32"? If yes, then good--because that's what I did! Well, the reason I did that was because I didn't know how to get into the prompt and enter "-v -x32" with Chameleon 2.0 RC3. Everything seems to be working fine and I had no KP's during installation. Will it be okay that I didn't boot in 32-bit mode? In other words, is using "-v -x32" merely a safety guard for preventing crashes? Or are there other reasons for booting in x32?

BTW, Chess crashes on me when I try to move any of the pieces.

sk1nhd33t 09-22-2009 07:23 PM

@dooododoo

i believe that message you quoted is really old and AFAIR could be a month back, the good thing though is you read the whole thread ;)

to answer your question, booting 64bit or 32bit kernel (-x32 in PC EFI arch=i386 in Chameleon) really depends on you. Up to this day some apps and 3rd party applications still wont run on 64bit so it's up to the user what will they choose to use for compatability. and YES as far as the guide is concern it's best to boot it first on 32bit since i intentionally didnot include the mkext creation while in leopard because of a few non so friendly (for others) Terminal commands. I want the guide to be as easy as copy paste and drag and drop. The USB installer and even Snow Leopard partition boots fine in 64bit though on first boot but sometimes it get random kernel panic before while i was experimenting on the install.

i would also add that this guide is just 1 way in installing snow, there are other methods and ways in installing it so the step by step here is not important but the concept of the install :)

sk1nhd33t 09-23-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi (Post 35549)
@sk1nhd33t

I started to use the Netkas 10.3 EFI & also the newest fakesmc kext everything working as before but my system profile didn't show like yours ... my PCI list is empty ... and I have to switch back to use EFI string for my nVidia (8400gs) in order to get other resolutions to show up otherwise only 1024x768. I've cleaned up my boot.plist like yours too.

My board is r2.0 so I'm using RTL8139 based PCI ethernet so kinda expected it may not show up on the PCI list but the video card should, no?

Tkx!

aha! i think i found out what is causing this, you can try it if it works for you but i cant assure the results ok :)

i have a rev1x board and 9600GT but as soon as i use RC3 + PC EFI 10.3 and remove the EFI strings i also got no QE/CI, so i remember that on the 1st page screenshot i use RC2 binaries and 10.3. Try it and hope it will work on you, just be sure you add this on your boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>

what baffles me is on RC3 alone i cant make the automatic injection work while on RC2+10.3 it's working flawlessly.