InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

dooododoo 11-02-2009 04:35 AM

is anyone experiencing slow wake ups? is that something associated with this setup or hackintoshes in general? my wake ups have been fine for about a couple of months, but recently, it takes awhile for mouse clicks, keyboard key-presses, and wifi to respond/activate. (my screen turns on right away though.) any thoughts?

infiniteThanks 11-02-2009 07:52 AM

Audio problems I faced and fixed

iztec, jetpr : I made every mistake as far as audio is concerned but now it is all good. Here is some stuff:
(a) Use the the DSDT update posted by brfransen,
(b) Update the extensions.mkext under /Extra. It may be that the LegacyALC883.kext is not being picked up. Look for a posting by me, infinitethanks, for a long way to do it and responses by smarter people to my posting for a short way to do it.
(b) Use option, system profiler to check the audio profile. If it is not available, you may not have set the audio to auto in bios.
(c) when everything is set correctly, my audio profile looks like the following:
Device ID: 0x1458A002
Audio ID: 883
Available Devices:
Speaker:
Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack
Line Out:
Line Out:
Line Out:
Internal Microphone:
Connection: Internal
External Microphone:
Line In:
Headphone:
S/P-DIF Out:
Connection: RCA

My Bios version is F8
Thank you

cj95 11-02-2009 06:09 PM

Hello, i don't have the SL disc, but I have the dmg on my computer. Is there any other way I can install without having the disc?

My system is as follows:
E6300 pentium dual core 2.8 ghz
ga-g31m-es2l Not sure what rev
2 gb patriot 800 mhz ddr2
9600 gt

Thanks in advance.:)

Jocelyn84 11-03-2009 01:12 AM

cj95, just drag the snowleopard_10a432_userdvd.dmg file to source box and drag the sd/hdd (partiton) you're using to the destination box. :)

spudstud450 11-04-2009 04:10 AM

Who knows about the video. I am running rev 2 of this board. Everything works like a champ, except sometimes I get artifacts in certain graphics programs. (Inkscape,chess,...) Also every once in 50 times it wakes from sleep I get a grey screen, with red,blue and green static.

If I understand correct, Chameleon rev 3 should automatically detect my 9600 GT 512. Any insights? Feel free to PM me until I get this resolved.

evil g 11-04-2009 07:10 PM

99% there.. but no network?

i'm an IT pro, but a newbie when it comes to osx86...

have a g31m-es2l running SL.. sound, but no networking?/ i mean nothing in the prefs panel?

i must be missing a kext or something

Thoughts?

brfransen 11-04-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil g (Post 38824)
i'm an IT pro, but a newbie when it comes to osx86...

have a g31m-es2l running SL.. sound, but no networking?/ i mean nothing in the prefs panel?

i must be missing a kext or something

Thoughts?

If it is a rev 2.0 board there are no drivers in OS X that work for the on board ethernet. I use this PCI card in my rev 2.0 and it uses the drivers built into SL. No other hacking required.

Britney

RogerExplosion 11-07-2009 08:08 AM

Just as a bit of a side note to this method - which absolutely rules BTW - the attached Realtek 32bit network driver causes Kernel Panics and random freezing of the OS several times daily.

I've got a whole bunch of machines with Rev 1 of this board with F8 bios and it's taken me weeks to figure out that it wasn't hardware causing the KP's.

With F7 and F10 bios, any SL install method doesn't see the ethernet card. It seems that only F8 (maybe some of the F9's going around?) works.

Needing Bonjour to be active is necessary for all my computers so I was running in 32bit kernel mode solely because the ethernet driver needed to have the new ifconfig installed (didn't want to remove the vanilla one).

There are a bunch of kext's over at "Stell's Blog" - just Google it and browse to the "Prepare Yourself" post. I moved the RTL1000 kext into the /E/E folder and upon first boot, in 64 bit mode, Bonjour worked perfectly.

Maybe it could be included in the method as an option for Bonjour when booting in 64 bit mode?

James

AvvY 11-07-2009 11:30 AM

thanx for this guide. I now have a working system using a rev 2.0 board. I did encounter some issues, but resolved them with the following:

I used the latest myHack installer, and ran the dsdt patcher instead of compiling my own. I used an EN8400GS graphics card and a Netgear GA311 PCI ethernet card.

Everything seems to work 100% and I'm thrilled.

riffd00d 11-07-2009 12:21 PM

Thanks to this awesome guide, I have had success in installing SL on my first (rev 1.1 F8) Hackintosh.

I followed the guide exactly, but I chose to go with the onboard video. I suffered from the same problems mentioned previously in this thread - sleep not functioning correctly, etc.

So I decided to go out & get a 9800GT. Using this guide I seem to have gotten it working OK, but I still have the following issue:

Sleep (auto & manual) seems to work OK, but the display won't wake up. The PC itself seems to wake up fine, but the display won't. I have to reset the PC & then I can't get back into the OS unless I use the -pci0 switch.

Of course, the sleepenabler ketx (etc.) have been installed, as per guide.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I might be doing wrong ?