InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

fuubar 12-03-2009 09:46 PM

Does somebody have problems while using an usb keyboard and mouse?

I'm not sure how to describe the behaviour, but it's fairly annoying me. If I type fast or using any kind of multiple-key-shortcut serveral keystrokes get lost. It's not repeatable by typing the same, but it's defently not the users fault ;)
Same story while using the mouse. From time to time a click event gets lost.

I've searched the forums and some people had the same problems but no one since snow leopard. According to some solution tips i've disabled usb legacy in the bios, without any change. (changed USB ports as well)

Not sure if it's a problem of my machine or settings...

thank you in advance!

alltoorobot 12-04-2009 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flowrider (Post 40439)
A great suggestion. I've been doing the same thing but have been using Disk Utility. I ran into a problem where it didn't image properly. Do you have Carbon copy on a bootable USB or disk?

I have two almost identical 500 gig WD hard drives. So I use Carbon Copy Cloner to copy my stable system onto the other 500 gig wd hard drive. Like I said before you have to add a boot loader again for your new clone to work. I should try out my 32 gig usb drive see if I can make that a bootable clone too.

macj 12-09-2009 03:22 AM

great writeup

thanks.
I have updated to 10.6.2 like in a previous post.

By the way, I am using a rev 2.0 mobo, 4g mem, msi 9400 gt graphics card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127398, another pci nic http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833166017

In case some are using case sensitive partition, dsdt.aml should be DSDT.sml. That is, it is CASE SENSITIVE.
Otherwise, sound would not work and others may not.

zim2dive 12-09-2009 05:24 PM

Are there still issues using 4 gigs of RAM?

ie. when I was doing my 10.5.6 build using this mobo, folks generally recommended sticking with only 2G of memory.. folks with 4G had stability issues... at least that's what my fuzzy mind seems to remember from ~8 months ago when I last did this.

(getting ready to try again, using these very nice instructions for Snow Leopard)

bunun 12-10-2009 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2dive (Post 40817)
Are there still issues using 4 gigs of RAM?

ie. when I was doing my 10.5.6 build using this mobo, folks generally recommended sticking with only 2G of memory.. folks with 4G had stability issues... at least that's what my fuzzy mind seems to remember from ~8 months ago when I last did this.

(getting ready to try again, using these very nice instructions for Snow Leopard)

im running 4 gigs of ram, and ive yet to run into problems.

joel_ezekiel 12-11-2009 12:20 AM

I was going to build a computer for my friends the same as mine which is based off this only its rev. 2 board with a realtek network card.

But i can no longer get this board without ordering it from some online place ive never ordered from (im in australia btw). However i was thinking the g41mt-es2l has realtek network and sound but ddr3 memory. Has anyone used this board or knows if it might have any issues, it seems pretty much identical other then slightly updated with better video which wont be used anyway, it even still uses ich7 i believe.

dustintinsley 12-11-2009 01:18 AM

I am following this guide with no success. I get to the main wallpaper screen with the colorful spinner, but after about 5-10 seconds the spinner freezes and nothing after that. I have KPs are anything, so I am unsure what could be the cause of this. I am using GraphicsEnabler=y because I am using an Asus EN9400GT video card and have no additional cards or anything installed. Only odd thing is as the setup is loading (during the Chameleon screen after using -v) it reporst my video card as nVidia unknown 512MB. Could this be the issue? I wouldnt think so but I really dont know. Any help is appreciated...

rwillett 12-11-2009 02:15 PM

I have the Asus EN9400GT card and also get the message it's not recognised, however it works perfectly well.

You don't state what you have done and where the problem occurs, is this during boot, install or after installation.

The more information you provide, the more chance there is of diagnosing the problem.

dustintinsley 12-12-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwillett (Post 40921)
I have the Asus EN9400GT card and also get the message it's not recognised, however it works perfectly well.

You don't state what you have done and where the problem occurs, is this during boot, install or after installation.

The more information you provide, the more chance there is of diagnosing the problem.

I re-imaged my disc and gave it another shot and it works. rwillett, you have the same card? do you know how to get sound over hdmi? or if it is possible? i am using hdmi to connect to my flat screen and woiuld love to get sound working over it so i can get rid of these speakers, if possible...

yusofu 12-12-2009 04:32 AM

Success SL 10.6.1 on G31M-ES2L GPT and MBR

Hi Guys,

I just wanna report & share that I had successfully installed above said. :D

Intel E7300 Core 2 Duo + G31M-ES2L + 3Gb DDR2 800 + 9400GT 512Mb
(using patched OSInstall.mpkg + ES2L Kit in Sandisk Cruzer 8Gb & Pendrive 8Gb USB stick)^_^

I have 3 Hdd's.
Hd0 500Gb = Vista, XP, Leopard 10.5.8 Vanilla + NTFS3G
Hd1 320Gb = Leopard 10.5.8 Vanilla (2), 10.6.1 Vanilla + NTFS3G, and
Hd2 160Gb = Snow Leopard 10.6.1 Vanilla (2) + FATs

SL 10.6.1 on GUID partition on Hd2
SL 10.6.1 on MBR partition on Hd1

Deleted Sleep Enabler.kext & installed UD3Pv3 package.
Barfff... barfff... !! yes, updated to 10.6.2 with UD3Pv3 package - but audio not working, - and tried most of Voodoo.kext, Apple HDA's + Realtek ALC883.mpkg - it makes good graphics but No Audio.:(

I'm staying with 10.6.1 now to test if theres any inconsistency issues.

Good so far.:D
Many thanks to all the members around the globe.

Ooops, one more thing ...... the above success are also applied to my 2nd PC C2Q6600 / 9400GT / 2 Gb DDR2 / Asus P5KPL-AM - - - - >> TQ