InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

ayame 01-22-2010 10:27 AM

Shutdown

Hi guys,

thanks for this very good Thread. I user my Hack since 3 months, all is going perfectly. I assembled many hacks, and this hack is going the best way of all ! THANKS !

But one question is left. I have the problem, that i can't shutdown the hack. Sleep is going well, but restart and shutdown isn't going. It hanks at the blue background where this circle rotates :)

Does anyone knows if this is normal ?

macdaddy247 01-23-2010 02:58 AM

G31M ES2L ethernet.

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some help.

I followed the above install, and it has gone pretty well, apart from the sound, which I'm going to tackle later.

Anyway, more importantly is the ethernet. I am using a small case and am limited with PCI slots (so no space for wifi card).

I was aware that the onboard ethernet wouldn't work (or so I have read). So bought a startech st100slp ethernet card.

It shows up as working on the system, but when I go to network, there is a red light next to it.
Anyone know how to get it working for the internet?

Thanks in advance!

zim2dive 01-23-2010 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macdaddy247 (Post 43604)
Anyway, more importantly is the ethernet. I am using a small case and am limited with PCI slots (so no space for wifi card).

I was aware that the onboard ethernet wouldn't work (or so I have read). So bought a startech st100slp ethernet card.

You didn't explicitly say.. you have a rev 2 mobo? (rev 1 NIC works)

macdaddy247 01-23-2010 10:49 AM

Hi,

Yes, sorry it's rev 2.
The onboard ethernet is completely dead and not recognised by SL.
So I added the card, and everything started off fine -SL picked up the ethernet card in "about this mac.

But, when I try to connect to the net, it tells me that there is some sort of problem with the connection. The ethernet has a red light next to it (as opposed to green) and it's not listed in networks, so I can tweak its settings.
Is there a driver that I need? Couldn't find one for a startech card.p

thanks!

dencraig 01-23-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lflashl (Post 43553)
fir the G3 board, press f12 @ boot then select HD and there USB flash drive is in there, you could try this!

matthewordie 01-23-2010 07:31 PM

I followed the instructions for creating the USB Bootable drive. When I turn on my computer and hit F12 for boot menu... I use USB-FDD and USB-HDD. I've tried both, but neither works. It just sits there and says:

Verifying DMI Pool Data.....

Did I do something wrong when I created my USB Drive? Everything seemed to go smoothly on the mac side.

GigaMac 01-24-2010 02:01 PM

matthewordie
Did you use a MacOX 10.4 to create the USB boot disk? I saw someone posted similar problem due to using a Tiger instead of Leopard (or SL) to create the boot disk.

cgates30 01-24-2010 08:27 PM

I did the 10.6.2 combo update from a fresh install. Removed the old sleepenabler and installed the new one before rebooting. Everything seems to work well except I get a message that my external hdd wasn't properly ejected when I wake the computer up. Is there a fix for this?

matthewordie 01-24-2010 11:30 PM

I used Leopard. 10.5.8 I believe.

yogi446 01-26-2010 03:51 PM

"message that my external hdd wasn't properly ejected when I wake the computer up. Is there a fix for this?"

Yes, you need to edit your DSDT, many fixes posted on various forums. Do some googling.