InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

sublimespot 08-03-2010 04:21 AM

After upgrading my Rev1 mobo to 10.6.4 I lost sound and the built-in Ethernet. I have not been able to get either working... yet.

The strange thing about the Ethernet is this:

I can ping. I can get DHCP. but when I try to use any GUI program like a browser or well, anything, the network is down. I ran tcpdump and it was showing every packet with bad checksum. Not sure what is going on.

rspam 08-05-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublimespot (Post 49861)
After upgrading my Rev1 mobo to 10.6.4 I lost sound and the built-in Ethernet. I have not been able to get either working... yet.

The strange thing about the Ethernet is this:

I can ping. I can get DHCP. but when I try to use any GUI program like a browser or well, anything, the network is down. I ran tcpdump and it was showing every packet with bad checksum. Not sure what is going on.

I have had the same problem. I installed "SnowR1000", that helped.

rwillett 08-05-2010 10:46 AM

I use a PCI card

I found the on-board Rev 1.0 Ethernet card to be a little flaky over a long period of time. Perhaps after a week or two of non-stop use, it would then stop working. Disabling it and then re-enabling it sorted the problem out.

However that and the lack of the promiscuous mode (yes I know there are fixes for it), made me bite the bullet and put a PCI-E network card (Realtek based) in, which works well with no additional non-standard Kexts needed.

I hadn't realised PCI-E cards were so cheap and worked so well, mine cost me £6 (approx $9) and it's great, Bonjour works very well and I have even less non-standard software.

Of course your mileage may vary :)

Rob.

sublimespot 08-07-2010 05:35 AM

Yeah I just bought the Netgear GA311 so the network issue is solved. Going to try to get sound working again..

EDIT:
Using AppleHDA.kext-10.6.4-ALC883.zip from http://www.mediafire.com/?khmky1qwzzz I have audio again

zim2dive 08-09-2010 02:04 PM

I have audio, but next time I lose it, I may just use this USB audio adapter instead: http://www.meritline.com/usb-2-0-to-...--p-27760.aspx .. $3 from meritline.

My issue now is that my hack no longer goes to sleep automatically. It will go to sleep fine if I tell it to, but if I forget it will stay on forever. This was working for me with 10.6.2 (maybe 10.6.3, but I'm not sure). I have the latest SleepEnabler. Was not using any special scripts when it was working, it just did (once I removed the DVD player)

ricky_kid 08-10-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkrender (Post 48808)
Sorry for the double post, but I feel obligated to post this.

For anyone having trouble getting the audio to work after the 10.6.3 update, I did find a fully working solution that has all features enabled, including front panel audio, microphone and line-in support.

1) You need the AppleHDA.kext file extracted from the 10.6.2 combo update that can be downloaded from Apple.com's downloads. You also need the LegacyALC883.kext from the ES2L Kit listed in the first post of this thread.

2) Use Pacifist to extract the AppleHDA.kext file from the 106.2 combo update from Apple. When browsing through the update, the file should be located in System/Library/Extensions.

3) Replace AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E on your own Hackintosh drive with this older version. Open Disk Utility and repair your permissions.

4) Put LegacyALC883.kext in your /Extras/Extensions folder (located in the root of your Hackintosh drive.) Use the pfix utility to repair the permissions on drive.

5) Restart and you should be golden.

**Be aware that I'm no expert on this. I'm guessing you'll also need a patched dsdt.aml file that's outline in the first post of this thread. I also doubt this fix will work with other models/brands of motherboards.)

I want to point out that my sound only worked with 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext without LegacyALC883.kext in /Extras/Extensions. I now have 10.6.4 fully working with sound and everything.

Edit: That is to say that LegacyALC883.kext actually broke the sound for me, so if you're having problems with the 10.6.2 kext, try it without LegacyALC883.kext.

rwillett 08-17-2010 03:01 PM

iPad and G31M-ES2L usb problem fixed

I recently won a 64GB iPad, :) , and wanted to connect it up to my Hackintosh.

My iPods connect fine and it's never been an issue, so I assumed that the iPad would be just as easy, how wrong can I be.

I connected the iPad up using the supplied USB cable through an external powered hub. Nothing, I used a second powered hub, nothing. Power was coming through but iTunes would not recognise the iPad.

Check "About this Mac" and could see the iPad in the USB list, unplugged, plugged in, nothing.

I did see a number of messages in the Console about usbmuxd errors. Googling didn't help particularly :(

An Apple forum message suggested uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling. I also think that a reinstall is the last gasp of the desperate, but since I was no desparate I did it, lo and behold, I get a sync and I got a backup made in iTunes. Unplugged the iPad, plugged it back in, nothing, rebooted, nothing, changed USB slots to motherboard, numerous different hubs, different cables, back up Hackintosh (using Rev 2 motherboard), nothing, zilch, nada. I could see the iPad in the USB section of About this mac but couldn't get iTunes to recognise the iPad.

I then decided to uninstall iTunes again and reinstall again. No real reason, simply ran out of sensible ideas. The second reinstall (and nothing else changed) seemed to work and for the last week has synced with zero problems.

So one reinstall failed but two worked. This is weird, odd but seemed to work for me.

Rob.

ricky_kid 08-21-2010 07:43 PM

Anyone install the Graphics Update? How did it go?

rwillett 08-21-2010 07:58 PM

I did the graphics upgrade. Made no difference as I don't play games.

Rob

ricky_kid 08-21-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwillett (Post 50204)
I did the graphics upgrade. Made no difference as I don't play games.

Rob

Everything worked fine tho? No trouble booting or anything? What video card are you using?