InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   10.7.4 AMD Kernel (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7687)

gils 06-03-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R:A:W:X86 (Post 57820)

Some people (including Bulldozer users) may need to advice the correct clock multiplier to the Kernel as auto-detection fails. Examples: busratio=13 (multiplier 13) or busratio=105 (multiplier 10.5)

update 2012-06-03

As the Kernel features some patch made by AnV that automaticaly turns code signature to valid, I was able to fix 32-Bit Apps to work on 64-Bit enabled AMD machines (Bulldozer).

This requires sysenter traps to be patched in /usr/lib/dyld and /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib
Maybe some additional shared libraries need to be patched if XCode is installed (untested).

There is an Lion compatible Version of amd_insn_patcher by AnV that works for Lion. Old versions will not work as the sysenter trap has changed in Lion.
Get it from here:

Usage: amd_insn_patcher unpatched_file patched_file

Be sure to fix file permissions before you copy over & use "sudo update_dyld_shared_cache" afterwards.

So far all my Apps 32- & 64-Bit are working without issues. :cool:

ah! great job!

sulphide 06-03-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Some people (including Bulldozer users) may need to advice the correct clock multiplier to the Kernel as auto-detection fails. Examples: busratio=13 (multiplier 13) or busratio=105 (multiplier 10.5)

THANKS!!! It's ok now :) Don't know why my busratio was not in the kernel_flags it was separately in the end of boot.plist :)

mindlessmissy 06-03-2012 05:29 PM

So, exactly which link is supposed to be the latest ?

R:A:W:X86 06-03-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindlessmissy (Post 57825)
So, exactly which link is supposed to be the latest ?

Second download in the first post.

I just haven't removed the first 10.7.4 Kernel I released, cause the patch is much simpler (+ lacks as much support) - it might be used if there are any serious problems with the latest build, but it's no longer recommended...

felipeunix 06-04-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

update 2012-06-03

As the Kernel features some patch made by AnV that automaticaly turns code signature to valid, I was able to fix 32-Bit Apps to work on 64-Bit enabled AMD machines (Bulldozer).

This requires sysenter traps to be patched in /usr/lib/dyld and /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib
Maybe some additional shared libraries need to be patched if XCode is installed (untested).

There is an Lion compatible Version of amd_insn_patcher by AnV that works for Lion. Old versions will not work as the sysenter trap has changed in Lion.

Usage: amd_insn_patcher unpatched_file patched_file

Be sure to fix file permissions before you copy over & use "sudo update_dyld_shared_cache" afterwards.

So far all my Apps 32- & 64-Bit are working without issues. :cool:

32bit apps running in 64bit mode, is that right?
GREAT R:A:W:X86 !!!

only revisions that worked for me were the ones that you edited.

But how do I apply this patch to the Bulldozer? You would not have it applied to the kernel?

Thank you so much :D
Also Bulldozer My thanks ;)

hanadriel 06-04-2012 02:53 AM

R: A: W: X86

Their kernels are fantastic.
However it suffers from a problem in audio,
The audio lags out.
You know I speak
what's the problem?

wastez 06-04-2012 10:38 AM

@ hanadriel
I´m sure that a incorrect detected fsb is the reason why your audio lags out.

You have to look that the kernel will detect your fsb correct and i´m sure it will work. ;)

Fraom 06-04-2012 11:31 AM

but this kernel fix paste copy problem ??

gedna 06-04-2012 02:21 PM

Hello all, tried to make my old Phenom 9600 to run Lion, but again like the first lion kernels im hang on waiting for DSMOS line....
jezus how the hell avoid this error? using Chameleon-2.1svn-r1914 bootloader.

anyone has any clue what is wrong?

gils 06-04-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gedna (Post 57834)
Hello all, tried to make my old Phenom 9600 to run Lion, but again like the first lion kernels im hang on waiting for DSMOS line....
jezus how the hell avoid this error? using Chameleon-2.1svn-r1914 bootloader.

anyone has any clue what is wrong?

hello, you tried idlehalt=0 ?

For my part, I use the Chameleon with SMBIOS trunk 1820 as a package