InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

scififan68 04-07-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unrealized (Post 56954)
It does indeed, there is something else wrong in the kernel itself.. I personally reverted to a older kernel.

Which kernel you using now?

Unrealized 04-07-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paced98 (Post 56958)
My computer is not really stable with this kernel.

Mine is stable as long as I don't open new apps.. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by scififan68 (Post 56959)
Which kernel you using now?

the one from mach_kernel_amd.zip but honestly I don't think there is any difference between them as they are all exactly the same in size.. :<

trying mach_kernel_bronzovka.zip now..du says the size of all of them is 14752 though..Also trying smbios tweaks..

Luckily it's not my only OS as I run Gentoo and Ubuntu as well, if it was I would be in pain :D

ran 04-07-2012 01:01 PM

ASUS F3K with Athlon X2 (TK57). Trying boot from Niresh-12495-Lion-10.7.3-V2 dvd. Starting to boot with "Kernel Cache"=\amd arch=i386
and reboot after ~5-10 line appear at screen. DSDT=0 and DropSSDT=Yes recommended in guide do not help.
Any suggestion, please. How to get log from screen too.

Dansa22 04-07-2012 02:19 PM

AMD System Hangs "Waiting for Windows Server"

Hi
I have an amd box here that has been running 10.5 and 10.6 for a few years now, nice and stable....
With Lion, I grabbed Bronzovka's kernel, copied an Intel box installation of 10.7.3 over to a partition on the AMD box and started tinkering...
Set boot flags per various posts....

Added Kext's ...
So far no joy, just hangs .... Waiting for Windows Server
Now the Intel box had intelchipset while the AMD box has the Nvidia chipset

So I'm wondering if I need to add more Kexts???
I've got FAKESMC, IOUSBMassStorage, Evoreboot, NullCPUPower, IOUSBFamily, JMicron36, IONetworking Family, and Elliott...

Please let me know about other Kexts.

AMD is Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Brand ID 4 Socket AM2,

Cheers

pma61 04-07-2012 02:40 PM

Kernel v3, Finder dp2, CrashReporter stopped but it "freeze" after 30 seconds (no more internet connection, Installer.app not working)

xmaniak100 04-07-2012 03:17 PM

Hey guys i ran into more problems recently and was hoping that u can help me...

1. =Sometimes when i boot it is stuck on spinning apple logo and when i am in verbose it hangs after DSMOS arrives so i think it just could get into GUI... (if i wait a little i see 251 errors...is that xpchelper???)

2. =When I enter fullscreen on some apps(like preview or angry birds space) and I click quit fullscreen my PC either gets KP or goes into login with message that your computer was shut down to prevent damage

Anybody could fix it???...

And my AMD is model 5... I am using the only one kernel i have found...no idea what version it is... if you could give me link for newest kernel for AMD model 5 i would be very happy...

Seby 04-07-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ran (Post 56963)
ASUS F3K with Athlon X2 (TK57). Trying boot from Niresh-12495-Lion-10.7.3-V2 dvd. Starting to boot with "Kernel Cache"=\amd arch=i386
and reboot after ~5-10 line appear at screen. DSDT=0 and DropSSDT=Yes recommended in guide do not help.
Any suggestion, please. How to get log from screen too.

same problem

Unrealized 04-07-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seby (Post 56968)
same problem

Again, maybe the problem is in the Niresh's dvd itself? Try using something else, like upgrading from Snow Leo with iAtkos (which I don't personally recommend as it's illegal, but it works).

or use a computer with Intel CPU and swap out the hdd after install. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmaniak100 (Post 56967)
1. =Sometimes when i boot it is stuck on spinning apple logo and when i am in verbose it hangs after DSMOS arrives so i think it just could get into GUI... (if i wait a little i see 251 errors...is that xpchelper???)

I think it's closely related to xpchelper.

xmaniak100 04-07-2012 06:06 PM

Can I just ask...what is xpchelper in fact doin??? because if it crashes all the time and everything "works" it isnt doin much... is it some kind of application panics handler??? thats why they start after 20 minutes and they just dont respond???

xmaniak100 04-07-2012 06:20 PM

Another problems

Quote:

I think it's closely related to xpchelper.
UM i think its not cause first xpc crash happens like 30 secs after that(i can see it when im in verbose) but anyway i fixed it by downloading newer kernel...

AND i ran into one more problem.... installer doesnt work :/ even just after boot