InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

antonehenry 11-12-2009 01:47 AM

All set up.

I can't get internet to work though. The realtek driver doesn't work it seems.

komodo-tux 11-12-2009 01:54 AM

Well, I think I've got it fixed. Amazing what you can do when you read the instructions! I first used mkext tool to make an Extensions.mkext of the extensions in the /Extra/Extensions folder, but that didn't solve the problem. But, after re-reading the guide, I ran the pfix utility as root, and it cleaned out the system caches as well as fixing permissions, and now everything is working OK! Thanks again for the great guide!

kvkvbird 11-12-2009 02:04 AM

Dear SimSim and Everyone,

How Can I change from 64 bit kernel to 32 bit kernel mode? I have 7600gt card, it cause me KP after uprgaded to 10.6.2

I had install my Hackintosh thru this guide
http://lifehacker.com/5351485/#bootloader_guide

GA-G31M-S2L Ver. 1.1 (F9)
Nvidia 7600GT
4Gig of Corsair Ram
WD 120Gig
Intel Core2Quad 6600

antonehenry 11-12-2009 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonehenry (Post 39254)
All set up.

I can't get internet to work though. The realtek driver doesn't work it seems.

I should specify for help.

Tried to install realtek driver in ES2L kit, tried to use that other tool in original post, but don't know how to use it.

Tried to install a couple of kext thingys from insanelymac post linked in original post.

IN my network part of system preferences, no option for ethernet shows up, just my serial connection. =[

I might have an NIC lying around somewhere though.

spudstud450 11-12-2009 06:21 AM

Update 10.6.2

Looks like the 6.2 (nov 11) breaks the install. Hopefully It wont require a reinstall.

infiniteThanks 11-12-2009 06:52 AM

32-bit kernel

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvkvbird (Post 39257)
Dear SimSim and Everyone,

How Can I change from 64 bit kernel to 32 bit kernel mode? I have 7600gt card, it cause me KP after uprgaded to 10.6.2

In /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist add
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>

It is in the OP instructions.

kvkvbird 11-12-2009 06:55 AM

Thank You..... inifiniteThanks...
I try that method...

Cheers

infiniteThanks 11-12-2009 07:02 AM

Ethernet working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonehenry (Post 39259)
I should specify for help.

Tried to install realtek driver in ES2L kit, tried to use that other tool in original post, but don't know how to use it.

Tried to install a couple of kext thingys from insanelymac post linked in original post.

IN my network part of system preferences, no option for ethernet shows up, just my serial connection. =[

I might have an NIC lying around somewhere though.

1. Try to run lspci in the command line. It should show all the devices. If it does not show the ethernet device, you may have a bad chip or your BIOS setting may be wrong.
OX86Tools has lspci.

2. pfix may not work perfectly. I remember having strange problems with network shares. Turns out that some permissions were not set right by pfix.

Use the Disk Utility to fix the permissions. Also, OSX86Tools can fix permissions, clean caches, etc.

3. Britney (see post by her earlier) pointed out that ethernet works for F8 BIOS version but does not in a latter version (don't remember). She suggested using a network card. Her screen name is different, I don't remember. She had also posted another DSDT.

infiniteThanks 11-12-2009 07:16 AM

Netkas has a way to upgrade to 10.6.2

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudstud450 (Post 39273)
Looks like the 6.2 (nov 11) breaks the install. Hopefully It wont require a reinstall.

Go to netkas.org and download the latest SleepEnabler.kext.
1. Boot from the USB Installer and go to the install drive and remove /Extra/CustomExtensions/SleepEnabler.kext

2. Rebuild /Extra/Extensions.kext.
I used MkextTool.
Drag all the extensions in /Extra/CustomExtensions
Change the folder to /Extra and enter Build.
It will over-write the previous version of /Extra/Extensions.mkext

3. If you have not updated yet, Update to 10.6.2. Reboot

4. Put the patched SleepEnabler.kext from netkas into /Extra/CustomExtensions

5. Rebuild /Extra/Extensions.mkext (see (2)

I generally use linux dd command to save an exact copy of my partition before doing this kind of work.

yogi446 11-12-2009 01:43 PM

sleep issues

Followed the guide here, and on netkas's site to update to 10.6.2 fine.

Everything works fine, always has.

But i've always had a problem with sleep not being reliable. Sometimes it'll go to sleep fine, then when I wake it (keyboard or power button) it'll all spin up but nothing, blank screen (and dead to any ping/ssh attempts).

Any ideas people?

It's not an easily reproducible error, and nothing seems to get written to the logs. Suggestions as to how I could even track down the issue would be welcome.