InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] P5KPL-AM Perfect install - Almost :-) (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4488)

dvtwru 11-29-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corex2 (Post 40216)
Make sure you select pink input in sys prefreneces

selection pink input in sys prefrences not found, how I do?

monaco78 12-12-2009 12:13 PM

To have your mic detected, you need to connect your mic to the rear mic-input while you're in mac-os. the front one does not work yet.

aaronious 12-20-2009 03:50 AM

Hard Drive unreadable!

I made the USB Flash key according to the instructions. I edited the existing information on com.apple.boot.plist to include my graphics efi string and resolution.

When I boot using the Installer USB key, my hard drive is not readable. The drive icon is in Disc Utility, but it says "0 Bytes" and I cannot erase or partition it.

Did I miss something in the com.apple.boot.plist or an extension? Do I need to hook up the SATA drive to a different port? Please help!

dvtwru 12-28-2009 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monaco78 (Post 40965)
To have your mic detected, you need to connect your mic to the rear mic-input while you're in mac-os. the front one does not work yet.

Thx a lot!!

third 01-02-2010 09:17 AM

Updating Snow Leo to 10.6.2

potter 1984,

i would like to ask if your method can be updated to 10.6.2 without any issues or problems.. 'cause I have the same mobo and I've followed your guide..

really want to update my hackintosh to 10.6.2, need your help.. thanks!

grc 01-09-2010 08:54 PM

I've had Leo running on a P5KPL-AM for ages now and was looking to go snow. I found your guide, but I'm failing really early.

You say "show all files app in the Tools folder of the download" and then "delete the old boot file and replace with the one I have provided"

Problem is, there's no boot file in Tools. The only one is in the Bootstrap 10.4 archive.

I'm probably missing something really stupid, but ... What?!

I'd appreciate any help, thanks guys.

fritzbrause 01-11-2010 01:22 PM

Make it easier

Hey Folks,

I am just building my second HacMac based on this board and want to give a tip ...
You dont need a second Harddisc with an iDeneb install (or something like that). My first HacMac was built based on a Gigabyte board with very similar components so i followed this guide:

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide...or-g31m-t3672/

In this guide a installer is used to prepare the bootloader for installation and the installed SL. This makes live pretty much easier!
I just successfully installed my SL with this method and just the USB Stick.

Maybe a hint to make this pretty guide even better ;-)))

regards

fritzbrause 01-13-2010 12:41 PM

Revision 2 of the MoBo

Hey Folks,

i just realized that i have the revision 2 of the P5KPL-AM. Therefore the DSDT ist not fully working. I created one for my mobo version, but it seems to be VERY different from the one provided in this guide.
Can someone tell me, what are the changes made in the given DSDT???
Then i could temper it in my DSDT to get full sleep functionality and so on.

regards!!!

KBCADEEJAY 03-10-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potter1984 (Post 38513)
@ eski,

well im really sorry for trying to give back to the community. Please shows us the guides you have made to help people, i made this guide specific for this board based on my own experiences for other people to benefit from my mistakes,

i will of course think of myself in future, and just keep my experiences to my self!!

Maybe people like to try the non noob way and actually learn, any way thanks (dick).

@ monaco78,

hiya,

thanks for the info this will most likely help a lot of people including myself, nice one. << these are the kind of post we like to see, helpfull!!, lol.

keep going man,these tutorials are very usefull to people like me,who don`t know how to do it.

Thanks!!!!!!

yudhijatnika 03-29-2010 11:35 AM

help

i dont understand this part "After that you will need to use the show all files app in the Tools folder of the download i provided. Once shown, open your USB key via finder and delete the old boot file and replace with the one i have provided."
what i can find on the tools folder is :
1. iaslme.app
2. Kext Utility.app

is it i already show all files?