InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [AMD] Snow Leopard 10A432 Install (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3727)

aryajuanda 09-16-2009 06:34 PM

buy Apple snow leopard in apple store n restore to an empty partition... lol.....

ToroLoco 09-16-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 35063)
buy Apple snow leopard in apple store n restore to an empty partition... lol.....

better yet to buy a real Mac.... :s

colombianazo 09-16-2009 07:04 PM

Amd Phenom and SB600

Hi, Ive been reading this post since you started it a few days ago, My computer has an AMD 9950 processor, a SB600 chipset (which was very difficult to set up back when I installed Leopard last year) and an ATI 3870 Graphics card. I was just wondering... I have everything ready, the image file, chameleon etc. I wanted to know if Id need the kext from leopard for the SB600 chipset, and ive been looking for kexts for the 3870 for snow leopard but i cant find any... wat should i do?

Taisto 09-16-2009 08:47 PM

Chipset and video kexts from Leopard work with Snow Leopard - at least with this method, using 32 bit mode. If You have chipset kexts working in Leo, they should work with Snow as well. So, give it a try =)

colombianazo 09-16-2009 09:27 PM

Amd Phenom and SB600

Alright thanks.

I was trying to double click on osinstall.mpkg and it seemed to be working fine, but then i went to customize and I unchecked the printer drivers, extra languages etc... but every time i do that and then click install it freezes... the spinning wheel comes up and It doesnt do anything... I tried waiting a few minutes,,, but its been 2 hours and i got nothing. I had to force quit the installer and now im trying again... but nope... it freezes... do you know wat might be causing this to happen?

btw... im installing to an external GUID formatted hard drive

I wanna intall to a MBR partition tho... i have the mbr file but every time i try to replace it it doesnt let me. wat am i doing wrong?

Im really sorry for asking so many questions lol. But you guys are the only ones ive seen that are actually helping others to get snow leopard working on their AMD machines... thanks a lot.

Taisto 09-16-2009 10:13 PM

Infinitemac was originally OSX86-AMD scene only so... =) Anyway, about the problem - To be honest, i have no idea what could be the reason. Maybe Your downloaded image is broken. Try checking the MD5 - nothing else comes to my mind.

colombianazo 09-17-2009 02:20 AM

AMD Phenom and SB600

Ok, it turns out i only had to restart leopard... Ok, its done installing leopard to the external drive, i had to change the kernel which is modbin's test 7. The guide says i only have to copy and paste to the root drive, dont i have to change the .plist file or something like that to tell snow to use that kernel instead of the original kernel?

colombianazo 09-17-2009 02:40 AM

Amd Phenom and SB600

Ok, I just removed the .test7 so that it would load modbin's kernel... the thing is... when it starts to boot up and look for the kexts theres a kernel panic, i tried using cpus=1 flag, -x32, -v, and -x and i still get the KP. Why is this happening?

Taisto 09-17-2009 02:46 AM

Boot into leopard, copy the mach_kernel.test7 file to Your 10.6 root folder, open terminal and set permissions :

sudo chown -R 0:0 mach_kernel.test7
sudo chmod -R 755 mach_kernel.test7

Restart. While booting, press F8 if needed, and in prompt enter "mach_kernel.test7" to boot using the new one for sure. If this works, You can edit boot.plist file and change kernel to .test7 there - this way it's easier to avoid problems with updates etc. cause You always have Your working kernel untouched.

aryajuanda 09-17-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colombianazo (Post 35098)
Ok, I just removed the .test7 so that it would load modbin's kernel... the thing is... when it starts to boot up and look for the kexts theres a kernel panic, i tried using cpus=1 flag, -x32, -v, and -x and i still get the KP. Why is this happening?

are u sure u have boot from your snow?
have u replace the boot file? you can also use chameleon rc3 boot file..

can u upload your KP screen so we can see what cause that KP
try just boot mach_kernel.test7 -v (if you not replace the kernel)