InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [AMD] Snow Leopard 10A432 Install (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3727)

macxuser33 08-23-2009 10:33 AM

Well i got it up and running , dont have any ide and only the 1 usb ports seems ot be workling so had to connect mouse & k`board to the usb hub on the 1st port other than seems ok

macxuser33 08-23-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 31833)
its a legacy kernel.. haven't tested on pentium D... (i dont have one) may be you should try it to find out..

Kernel works fine on intel ( Pentium D )

pαuℓzurrr. 08-23-2009 11:07 AM

I think its best to wait till Snow Leopard is officially released, after that there will be more kernels/kexts/bootloaders...

modbin 08-23-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maya77 (Post 31849)
This is disaster.

Do you know if Dmitrik's kernel supports on the fly patching?

About binpatched kernel and source modded kernel:

on the fly patcher requires a kernel source from apple and a huge workaround. Since apple did not release 10.6 kernel sources yet, the only way to make the kernel work on amd is to modify it with a hexeditor. eg take the original kernel and patch it. A binpatched kernel will never support the "on the fly cpuid patcher". Itīs not possible!

greets,
modbin ;)

aryajuanda 08-23-2009 06:09 PM

welcome at board modbin.... thx for your kernel.... :D

maya77 08-23-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modbin (Post 31922)
About binpatched kernel and source modded kernel:

on the fly patcher requires a kernel source from apple and a huge workaround. Since apple did not release 10.6 kernel sources yet, the only way to make the kernel work on amd is to modify it with a hexeditor. eg take the original kernel and patch it. A binpatched kernel will never support the "on the fly cpuid patcher". Itīs not possible!

greets,
modbin ;)

I'm glad to see you here. Really. :-)

And thanks for explanation.

This may be stupid question, but is there a way to make 10.0.0 kernel from 9.8.0 source?

Patch 9.8 kernel for SL instead of patching 10.0 kernel for AMD?

SL is almost useless on AMD without on-the-fly opcode patching. SSE3 emulation and 64-bit support on AMD are also important parts of Voodoo kernel.

pαuℓzurrr. 08-23-2009 08:41 PM

@maya77, just give it some days/weeks ;)
Once the sources are out im sure someone will make a new kernel with opcode patching :)

charlienail 08-24-2009 05:53 AM

problem with 9600 gt

hey, so i've installed 10a432 on my friends hackintosh gigabyte p45udl. he has a 9600gt with 1024mb of ram. we got the bootup, sata, sound and networking working but can't get the video working.
i've tried creating a custom efi string with osx86 tools and putting it in boot.plis with the name, 1024mb ram and dvi-dvi. but no luck. i've also tried editing nvdav50hal.kext and nvdaresman.kext to put in the devid in the info.plist.

how did you get your 9600gt working? all you did was the efi string? how did you generate it? do you have any injectors? on leopard (5.7) his card works fine with nvdarwin injector.

i thought this card would be easy to install but efi studio and acpi patcher do not have prebuilt efi strings for it. the card is actually dvi,vga and hdmi i think but we'd be happy with just the dvi working.
thanks for your help

aryajuanda 08-24-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlienail (Post 32004)
hey, so i've installed 10a432 on my friends hackintosh gigabyte p45udl. he has a 9600gt with 1024mb of ram. we got the bootup, sata, sound and networking working but can't get the video working.
i've tried creating a custom efi string with osx86 tools and putting it in boot.plis with the name, 1024mb ram and dvi-dvi. but no luck. i've also tried editing nvdav50hal.kext and nvdaresman.kext to put in the devid in the info.plist.

how did you get your 9600gt working? all you did was the efi string? how did you generate it? do you have any injectors? on leopard (5.7) his card works fine with nvdarwin injector.

i thought this card would be easy to install but efi studio and acpi patcher do not have prebuilt efi strings for it. the card is actually dvi,vga and hdmi i think but we'd be happy with just the dvi working.
thanks for your help

yes i use efi string t get my VGA working... just generate it with GFX tools in osx86tools or maybe u can use silent natit 64 bit for snow to inject your vga ..
if u use 32 bit mode some injector still working

george205 08-24-2009 04:30 PM

Maybe another silly idea or....?

Ok! This may be another silly idea. But would it be possible to load a cpuid patcher/simulator from a bootloader just before loading mach_kernel? I don't know if this would be possible as I'm not a programmer, but I was thinking QEMU, which can even simulate lots of non-intel cpu architectures using intel/amd cpus. I know tha QEMU is an open-sourced program that needs to be loaded UNDER an os in order to be used but.....
If there could be something like that, all amd users could run unmodified vanilla kernels. So I would like to have an answer from people who have the appropriate knowledge on programming.

About my system:
Motherboard: Supermicro H8DAE-2 with nVidia MCP55 Pro chipset which supports up to two Six-Core AMD Opteron 2000/8000 processors
Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Aplus Products | Motherboards | H8DAE-2
Processor: 1x Opteron 8214 (for the time being) :-)
Ram: 4 GB Samsung DDR2 667 Registered ECC Unbuffered
Graphics Card: Nvidia 9400 GT
I also have two SATA hard disks, 120 GB and 640GB , a Sony IDE DVD reader and an Optiarc DVD Recorder.