InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] For easily installing vanilla snow leo. (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4041)

doonkeykong 09-25-2009 08:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks man! I followed your instruction including the "cpus=1" command and the new Natit.kexts but I'm still getting the blank white screen. Here are some pics of what console is saying before the white screen comes up.
Cheers

djnitehawk 09-25-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35812)
Thanks man! I followed your instruction including the "cpus=1" command and the new Natit.kexts but I'm still getting the blank white screen. Here are some pics of what console is saying before the white screen comes up.
Cheers

ok do this now:

1. boot into leo10.5
2. delete the following 2 files on ur USB /system/library/extensions
  • appleintelgmax3100.kext
  • appleintelgmax3100fb.kext
3. boot back into ur USB with the following boot flags:
  • cpus=1 -v -f arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No
tell me what happens then...

notes: make sure natit.kext is in USB /extra/extensions

if the above doesnt work... try removing natit.kext and booting into ur USB...

doonkeykong 09-25-2009 03:23 PM

Brilliant! Just Brilliant I say!!! Now boots into Snow Installer quick as a flash too!! So do I still need to follow any Terminal commands before I begin install (as you said in the instructions beginning of post) And what about other stuff?

Thanks a million. I have been hacking at this for almost a week now!!!! And I'm in :)
Talk soon :)

djnitehawk 09-25-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35854)
Brilliant! Just Brilliant I say!!! Now boots into Snow Installer quick as a flash too!! So do I still need to follow any Terminal commands before I begin install (as you said in the instructions beginning of post) And what about other stuff?

Thanks a million. I have been hacking at this for almost a week now!!!! And I'm in :)
Talk soon :)

niiiiiice!!!! was a long shot but glad it worked...

k do this now...

make sure that natit and nullcpupm kexts are in ur USB drive's "/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions"

boot into the snow installer on ur USB with the help of those boot flags if need be.

click continue...

if u havent prepared a target partition for SL from leo, open up the disk utility now from the menu > utilities > disk utility and make a new partition for SL...

if ur current leo parition is taking up the whole disk, u will have to resize it and create a new one for SL from leo as ive mentioned in the previous reply...

on the other hand u can create a test SL partition on ur USB drive the same way without actually touching the internal drive until everything with SL is upto ur satisfaction...

the next step is to launch the terminal from the menu > utilities > terminal and run my script so that ur ultimate SL target partition becomes bootable... (just like u did for the USB installer partition)

in terminal type: "/snow-installer/installnow"

run through the script and select ur ultimate SL target now...

then quit the terminal...

then continue with the SL installation... and install it to the ultimate SL target...

once the installer finishes... it will show u a restart button and a countdown timer... hit restart... if ur target SL isnt on ur USB drive, unplug ur USB drive at this point... or it will boot back into the installer... if ur target SL is on ur USB, leave it... it will boot into the newly installed SL partition...

if the first SL boot gives u errors, use those same boot flags...

cpus=1 -v -f arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No

now at this point if u are facing the grey screen again, u have to go back into ur leo and delete those two gma3100 kexts from ur target SL partitions "/system/library/extensions"

once u r inside ur newly installed SL, we'll take it from there...

good luck!!!

doonkeykong 09-25-2009 06:07 PM

Ok thanks again! All installed, usb drive unplugged rebooted and had no dramas but I don't believe I have sound or correct batter/power modulation. The fan keeps sparking and things are getting hot. I installed the voodoo batter.dmg (which fixed this issue with Leo 10.5 and also gave me battery meter and icons). I will give these a go and see what happens.

I have not browsed too much but so far sound appears missing....all else is great.

So what do we need now?

doonkeykong 09-25-2009 10:37 PM

....Looks like our new Snow install didn't like the Voodoo.battery.dmg proggie. I used it on my previous install to fix the fan and heat issues. But when I installed it onto the new OS it brought up an error with its string name in boot before it hung on me. Oh, well, I will try the Snow inst again.

doonkeykong 09-26-2009 02:32 AM

Oh, another thing mate....I dragged the kexts files voodoo.kext and powermanagement.kext over the Kext Helper v7. Now I have the battery meter but fan is still spiking and things are getting hot. Also the GFX card has defaulted to 1024/768 resolution rather than 1280x800 and only 1024 rez option in display menu. Is there any way to system restore or delete the kext files I just put in or is there a command at startup to set resolutions?
Thanks

djnitehawk 09-26-2009 05:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35899)
Oh, another thing mate....I dragged the kexts files voodoo.kext and powermanagement.kext over the Kext Helper v7. Now I have the battery meter but fan is still spiking and things are getting hot. Also the GFX card has defaulted to 1024/768 resolution rather than 1280x800 and only 1024 rez option in display menu. Is there any way to system restore or delete the kext files I just put in or is there a command at startup to set resolutions?
Thanks

u should start fresh now and try the attached files...

there's two different battery solutions... try em one by one... not both at the same time...

then for graphics, grab these x3100 files...

extract them to ur desktop or somewhere...

while in SL, first go to the folder /system/library/extensions and delete the original files there that has the same names as the ones from the x3100 package u've downloaded...

once the originals are gone... copy-n-paste the downloaded ones to /s/l/e

then open up terminal and run these commands:
  • sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
  • sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
  • sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
  • sudo touch /system/library/extensions
then wait for 5mins... and reboot...

u should now have working graphics...

doonkeykong 09-26-2009 11:22 AM

ok dude...Gr8! But 1 question before I start. I see that "battery 1" has an installer file while "battery 2" includes only the kext. How can I restore from a bad install of this file (to battery 2 if need be) if lappie doesnt like it? I can't see "uninstall" on mac's (like in control panel in windows). hanks a million. I will give it a go tonight.
-Simon

djnitehawk 09-26-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35913)
ok dude...Gr8! But 1 question before I start. I see that "battery 1" has an installer file while "battery 2" includes only the kext. How can I restore from a bad install of this file (to battery 2 if need be) if lappie doesnt like it? I can't see "uninstall" on mac's (like in control panel in windows). hanks a million. I will give it a go tonight.
-Simon

just delete /system/library/extensions/voodoobattery.kext

thats what it installs...